Company: Heartland Payment Systems
Posted on: August 3, 2020
The Underwriter I is responsible for processing and making credit
decisions on Low to Medium Risk Applicants. Processing Applications
in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and compliance
with Company, Sponsor Bank and Legal, Policy and Procedures. The
incumbent is responsible for effectively interacting with
merchants, sales representatives, Senior Underwriters and
Management to achieve timely adjudication of applications and in
limiting loss and in protecting the company against fraud and other
Risk Calculation Approval Limit is generally $50,000 and Volumes of
up to 10 million for Underwriter I, but could be considered for
opportunities with more risk or volumes.
* Understand underwriting principles & processes, and be well
versed in the processes and policies of the role.
* Read and interpret credit reports.
* Read and interpret financial statements, tax returns and other
* Evaluates a variety of applications and ensure compliance with
laws, bank regulation, corporate and divisional underwriting
policies, procedures and standards.
* Analyzes all pertinent credit and financial information, and
demonstrates aptitude to interpret and evaluate consumer credit
bureau reports, other reporting services, public records and bank
* Learns, Maintains and applies knowledge of fair lending issues,
rules and various internal and external policies and regulations
that directly impact the line of business.
* Underwrite all new applications consistent with approved
underwriting policies and guidelines.
* Verify all information provided on the merchant application and
supporting documentation is correct and consistent with required
* Provide recommendations (approval, credit holds or declines etc.)
on merchant applications and identify, document and escalate to
management those deals that are over an Underwriter 1 approval
authority as defined by policy.
* Call merchants regarding their applications when needed to verify
* Communicate decisions effectively in both verbal and written
* Understand the risks associated with the payment processing
industry (Fraud, Credit, Regulatory, Legal, etc.)
* Demonstrate good listening, interpersonal and team working
* Work with Sr. Underwriters to seek alternative means of financing
or counter offers for all merchant/clients when it is determined
that the original request cannot be accommodated.
* Additional primary duties will be assigned as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills
* 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience in a related field
(Collections, Account, Underwriting, Credit Banking, Finance,
* Good interpersonal and team work skills, must have ability to
work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds and
maintains cordial and effective relationship with clients,
coworkers, and other business contacts.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Good time management and organizational skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to make decisions independently and work well as part of
* Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with
* Ability to accurately represent facts, offer solutions, identify
concerns, resolve issues and support decisions.
* Good working knowledge of office tools such as Google tools,
Email, Windows applications, Excel and Word and General Personal
* Ownership and accountability for personal performance and
* Previous knowledge of payment processing industry preferred.
* Previous experience with Salesforce preferred
* Working knowledge of business financial statement analysis and
review of tax returns preferred.
* Working knowledge of credit policies, procedures, principles and
Want to join a company ranked as one of Forbe's best Employers in
the world in 2019? Do you like serving customers and care about
people? Then look no further than Global Payments' OpenEdge. Global
Payments' OpenEdge received the esteemed recognition of J.D. Power
for Outstanding Customer Experience.Global Payments is a leading
worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions
delivering innovative services to our customers globally. We're
looking for a Credit Underwriter to join our OpenEdge Team in
Lindon Utah, who is excited about providing quality service to our
clients. As a Credit Underwriter, you'll be responsible for
processing and making sound credit decisions on Risk Applications.
As an OpenEdge Global Payments Team Member, you can enjoy a
collaborative team oriented environment.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or
any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview
process should notify a representative of the Human Resources
Keywords: Heartland Payment Systems, Salt Lake City , Underwriter, Accounting, Auditing , Lindon, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!