Regulatory Tax Analyst-Seasonal
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: September 17, 2020
What you'll do... As a developing professional, performs
research and analysis on moderately complex new or revised federal
and/or state tax issues with a focus on identifying impacts to
H&R Block's tax software products. Utilizes Tax Institute
interpretations of new and changing tax laws as a starting point of
the analysis where available. Makes determination of how federal
and/or state tax changes will impact tax software products. Will
research and interpret form changes and other tax changes where Tax
Institute interpretations are not available. Creates written
documentation of tax issues for use by software developers which
may be used across the organization as needed. Provides direction
to developers to ensure tax applications operate in congruence with
tax law. Reviews and signs off on QA test plans for areas of
responsibility.Responds to moderately complex state and/or federal
tax related questions from tax professionals in the field, related
to using tax software.
- With a focus on tax software functionality, utilizes Tax
Institute tax law interpretation on moderately complex federal
and/or state tax issues to analyze and evaluate impacts to H&R
Block's tax software products.
- Performs independent research, and analysis on moderately
complex federal and state tax and form changes where Tax Institute
interpretations are not available. Interprets situation, draws
conclusions, identifies fundamental tax points, researches and
interprets tax code, regulations, case law, and makes
recommendations as to the best tax treatment for the situation and
associated impacts to current tax software.
- Monitors and analyzes defects and requirements to determine
effects to current practices. Documents business requirements for
- Prepares documentation and requirements for use by software
developers and may be used by tax practitioners.
- Participates in the day-to-day activities of a software
development project team to identify and resolve tax related
issues; ensures adherence to research standards.
- May perform testing in the development environment to ensure
calculations and tax results are correct.
- Reviews and signs off on QA test plans for area of
- Evaluates and responds to moderately complex tax questions
received by mail, telephone and other electronic sources to
ascertain exact nature of the issue, researches applicable tax law
and regulations, makes recommendations as to the best tax
- Ensures all SLAs are met.
- Other duties as assigned. About H&R Block... We're here to
live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our
clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally,
because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods
and lives. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and
Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown
to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States
and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation. What you'll bring to the
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related
field or an equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a tax pro or tax
- Developing knowledge of tax law and regulations sufficient to
understand and explain elements of personal, corporate,
partnership, fiduciary, estate, gift, and international
- Knowledge of tax research principles, procedures and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively research moderately complex
tax issues and effectively communicate findings.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and correctly formulate solutions
to moderately complex tax situations and translate those into
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to clearly explain moderately complex tax
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an external
and internal customer focus in all interactions
Keywords: H&R Block, Salt Lake City , Regulatory Tax Analyst-Seasonal, Accounting, Auditing , Kaysville, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!