Financial Analyst or Senior
Company: Cambia Health Solutions
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 5, 2021
The Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Analyst (internal job
title is Settlement Analyst or Senior Settlement Analyst ) will
serve as a trusted Finance business partner to calculate, analyze
and report on provider payments related to our Value Based Care
arrangements. Responsible for coordinating with multiple
departments and validating data used in the settlement and payment
processes. Reads provider contracts and produces contractually
required reporting and settlements in a timely, accurate and easy
to understand format for internal and external provider audiences.
Provides financial guidance, oversight and supports process
improvement efforts. Presents settlements to management for review
- Demonstrated skills in analytic programming tools and methods
required. (SAS and SQL preferred).
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of spreadsheet software and
relational databases (expertise in Tableau and Excel highly
- Knowledge of health plan operations, data sources, and data
- General knowledge of business principles, theories and
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to effectively work with a broad range of stakeholders,
including the ability to influence where applicable.
- Ability to develop, document and adhere to department policies
- Ability to conceptualize solutions to complex problems; readily
anticipates problems and identifies solutions.
- Ability to present financial settlements to management.
- Articulates complex and/or complicated issues with a high level
of skill, including listening and influence. --- Normally to be
proficient in the competencies listed above
The Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Analyst (internally
Settlement Analyst or Senior Settlement Analyst) will have a
bachelor's degree in business, accounting, economics, mathematics,
computer science, health informatics, data science or statistics
plus 2-4 years of experience in health insurance or related field
or equivalent combination of education and experience. C
onsideration for Senior Settlement Analyst requires additional
years of experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected
by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process
because of a medical condition or disability, please email .
Information about how Cambia Health Solutions collects, uses, and
Job Requirements: Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, coordinates and monitors work
- Provides training and consulting expertise to other
departments, analysts and external stakeholders.
- Calculates and analyzes contracts and applies appropriate terms
to ensure providers get appropriate payment for any risk sharing
arrangements they have with Regence.
- Supports Division's network and reimbursement related projects
through data analysis, research activities and/or project
- Uses modeling tools to measure provider contract
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Perform acceptance testing of new reports, programs and
- Document business requirements and methods used to generate
- Develops financial models and analysis using advanced
analytical techniques and complex financial systems
- Risk sharing administration accountabilities include (when
- Primarily responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and
completeness of provider settlements.
- Develop and maintain settlement workbook setup and definitions.
Meet with provider group representatives to define and verify
- Communicate regularly regarding settlement reporting status and
results with internal departments involved with risk arrangements.
This includes provider network contractors, actuaries, finance and
- Serve as a participant or consultant on projects and committees
related to risk sharing products.
- Work with IT to ensure settlement data is working accurately,
and necessary enhancements are defined and implemented as
- Work with Network Management team on defining standard
definitions and reports where possible.
Keywords: Cambia Health Solutions, Salt Lake City , Financial Analyst or Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!