Assistant Project Manager - Healthcare Construction Group
Company: Layton Construction Company, LLC
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Headquartered in Salt Lake City and supported by 12 offices
nationally, at Layton we're builders and we're family! Through
delivering predictable outcomes, we've been inspiring confidence in
our customers since 1953. We know that behind every project are the
highly-skilled people making it happen every day, which makes
investing in hiring, developing and retaining the brightest minds a
top priority. We want the opportunity to help you achieve your
career goals. Joining Layton isn't just a new job, it's a career
move that will provide lasting success for you and your family.
Summary The Assistant Project Manager assists in the planning,
management, and execution of work for assigned construction
projects. May be assigned one or more projects at a time. Manages
projects to meet quality standards, owner expectations, and
profitability. Assesses and responds to customer needs and
cultivates customer relationships. Promotes Layton business
philosophies and assists in training project personnel. Duties and
- Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
- Prepares project budgets and unit cost reports.
- Assists the project team in preparing the project management
- Participates in value engineering services as appropriate.
- Organizes and conducts pre-construction planning meetings.
- Participates in the successful negotiation of project
- Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other
regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary
to successfully complete the project in concert with the Project
- Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on the
collection of billings to insure funds are collected as per the
contract terms & time.
- Maintains owner relations.
- Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines
their completeness and consistency.
- Plans the successful execution of the construction
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the
project budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery
- Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk
- Regularly visits the project site and monitors costs, safety,
quality, and schedule performance with the project
- Evaluates and modifies as necessary, schedules and
self-performed work procedures to meet schedule milestones and
- Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages
the resulting cost and profit impact.
- Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and
approval and coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments
and lien releases. Participates in monthly job cost reviews to
declare project status.
- Attends and documents owner and other coordination
- Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project
including as-built drawing, punch lists, final billing, occupancy
permit, owner acceptance, project manuals, warranty letters,
subcontractor close out, letter of substantial completion, and
letter of recommendation.
- Participates in the post completion project review and provides
Estimating with information for their database.
- Increases project profitability and promotes Layton objectives
- Directs the organization and preparation of all project
documents for storage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction
management, or related field, or the equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of two or more years of Healthcare Construction.
- Has a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills by expressing ideas
clearly and effectively. Uses proper grammar and syntax.
- Knows commercial construction processes thoroughly.
- Understands construction laws and practices.
- Has strong negotiation skills.
- Understands and applies building codes and other design
- Reads blueprints.
- Maintains the Layton standard of ethics, conduct, and
- Excels in problem solving. Finds relationships between data
from different sources to formulate alternative solutions.
- Works well with other people; takes time to help co-workers,
customers, and others to achieve their goals and assignments.
- Uses tact. Expresses empathy.
- Establishes priorities and a course of action for handling
- Knows how to plan an effective course of action for self and
others. Knows how to allocate resources and assign personnel. Uses
time efficiently and is well-organized.
- Knows how to present a professional demeanor. Makes a good
impression on others.
- Knows how to manage events to achieve goals. Is a self-starter
and works well without close supervision. Has a record of achieving
- Can operate office equipment, such as computer, printer, phone,
copier, fax, etc.
- Professional affiliations (e.g. AGC member) and credentials
(e.g. PE) preferred.
- Community service participation preferred. Benefits: The
Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to
applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental
Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Healthcare
Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending
Account, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, Life &
AD&D Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance, Short-term
Disability Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident
Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance,
Family Support, Pre-tax Paid Parking/Public Transportation, Paid
time off, Time Away Benefits, Paid Holidays, Group Legal, Employee
Stock Purchase Plan, Identity Theft Protection, Group Legal, Pet
Insurance, Employee Assistance Program. EEO Statement: Layton
Construction an equal opportunity employer.--- We evaluate
qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. This position is anticipated to be a
traveling position. If you are not able to travel/relocate, please
apply to a position that will best suit your needs.
Keywords: Layton Construction Company, LLC, Salt Lake City , Assistant Project Manager - Healthcare Construction Group, Accounting, Auditing , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...