Administrative Assistant III - Clinical Education
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job ID:244770Greater Salt Lake areaDetails:About UsBeing a part
of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of
over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career
filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment.
Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives
possible.Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we
deliver.To find out more about us, head to our career site here
.Job DescriptionThis position provides and oversees a full range of
clerical and specialized administrative functions of a critical and
highly confidential nature for a director, multiple managers /
physicians, major service line, multiple departments, multiple
sites, or multiple functions, and/or projects that are highly
complex in scope and nature. This role is assigned to those with a
primary responsibility to provide administrative support such as
preparing and composing correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc.
The Administrative Assistant III screens telephone calls, receives
and directs visitors, resolves routine inquiries, schedules and
maintains calendar of appointments and schedules, sets up meetings
and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements,
prepares and distributes minutes of meetings, and operates a
personal computer and appropriate software to create documents,
presentations, reports, etc. This position assists in department
programs, projects, and processes.Essential Job DutiesThe
Administrative Assistant III performs a majority of the following
- 1. Performs a full range of clerical functions, assisting the
department director or multiple managers in planning, organizing,
implementing, and accomplishing department day-to-day functions and
goals to relieve and assist the director or managers of complex
details and advanced administrative duties. Makes interpretations
and recommendations. May develop appropriate methods to handle
- 2. Greets customers, receives and screens incoming calls,
answers routine inquiries, and routes calls to appropriate
individual in a courteous and efficient manner.
- 3. Distributes, educates, and explains processes and paperwork
to patients and/or customers. Responds to requests for information
and appropriately releases information based on policy, ensuring
customer requests and work assignments are prioritized and
completed correctly and efficiently.
- 4. Collects information, compiles data from multiple sources at
all organizational levels, searches and investigates information,
and makes and checks routine calculations for specified forms,
report formats, presentations, or other documents requiring
specific knowledge of functional operations. Plans the layout of
complex reports, proposals, and presentations. Proof-reads and
completes documents, checking for accuracy. Coordinates collection
and preparation of operating reports.
- 5. Executes special or continuous research and data analysis.
Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data,
and prepares reports / recommendations for action by manager /
director. Enters data and manages information in a database.
Maintains complex files and records. Maintains and updates
department resources and tools such as employee lists, referral
lists, phone lists, organizational charts, or other department
- 6. May assist in financial or budget information or
preparation. Prepares analyses of information or data.
- 7. Types materials in final form from very rough or involved
drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and
- 8. Prepares, sends, sorts, and distributes mail.
- 9. Utilizes and provides basic maintenance for all office
equipment including computers, scanners, phones, fax machines,
printers, and copiers. Ensures the office equipment and facility /
work area is in proper working condition. Contacts the appropriate
service provider (i.e. housekeeping, computer support, or office
equipment vendor) to resolve any issues that arise. Coordinates
regular maintenance as needed.
- 10. Prioritizes and manages leaders' calendars to ensure
business objectives are met. Schedules and confirms appointments,
meetings, and travel arrangements. Uses judgment in matters
affecting supervisor's calendar. Coordinates activities between
departments and outside parties.
- 11. Provides support for meetings including preparing agendas,
reserving rooms, sending appointments, coordinating catering,
recording and distributing minutes. Sets up and trouble shoots
phone, video, and web conferencing effectively.
- 12. Orders, stocks, monitors, and maintains adequate office and
other supply inventory levels.
- 13. Independently investigates assigned problems, determining
method of research, data, and information requirements as well as
- 14. Tactfully handles difficult situations with staff and
customers while remaining positive and professional. When needed,
escalates issues to the appropriate staff member.
- 15. May provide medical transcription for clinical staff.
Transcribes medical reports.
- 16. May act as a timekeeper and ensures timely and accurate
submission of payroll information.
- 17. May complete accounts payable, billing, and purchasing
processes according to policy.
- 18. May screen and interview job applicants and orient new
employees. May provide work leadership for other support staff
- 19. May serve as administrative liaison with others within and
outside the company regarding administrative issues related to
operations. Advises others on policies or issues, using judgment
- 20. May have contact with firms, organizations, or individuals
from outside the company for coordination purposes.Posting
- Entry Rate: $19.68
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F with flexibility between 7:00 am - 5:00
- Department:Nursing Professional PracticeMinimum Requirements
- Four years of experience working in an office setting, working
in a clerical position with keyboarding and data entry
responsibilities, or working in customer service.
- Leadership experience (e.g., providing training to others on
their job duties, coordinating the work of others, coordinating
projects, acting as a team lead, and directly supervising
- Experience supporting service line directors or multiple
managers or functions.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and
other English language skills.Physical Requirements
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate
as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including
manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform
work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.Preferred
- Bachelor's degree. Education must be obtained through an
accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Medical terminology experience.
- Three years of experience with medical transcription.Please
NoteAll positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain
Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,
ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability
and/or genetic information.Additional Details:Working Hours
40Primary Work Location Key Bank TowerExpertise Clerical /
Secretarial / Business Office SupportJob Type Full TimeLocation
US-UT-Salt Lake City
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City , Administrative Assistant III - Clinical Education, Administration, Clerical , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!