Product Marketing Manager
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: April 18, 2019
About the Role
We are looking for a multi-talented product marketing manager to
own the successful launch of powerful, first-in-market features to
a wide range of internal and external audiences. You will become an
expert on our customer personas, market opportunities, and the
competitive landscape of your area of the product.
You'll work closely with our marketing leadership, product and
sales teams, and customer-facing departments to synthesize
information on our customers and use it to help us explain the
value of our software in a language that resonates with their
needs. Most importantly, you'll be the link that ensures the
product we build reaches the people we're building it for.The
primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop differentiated, persona-sensitive positioning and
messaging for Mavenlink products and solutions.
- Understand buyer personas and be able to articulate and apply
across marketing content/campaigns as well as sales tools.
- Understand the competitive landscape in relationship to your
product area in order to accurately position & differentiate
Mavenlink against various competitors, across multiple
- Be the product spokesperson and evangelist for your product;
supporting a wide range of opportunities across internal and
external events and functions.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop compelling,
emotive content to fuel marketing programs that create awareness
and drive demand for your products.
- Assist with pricing and packaging for your products to ensure
we are delivering excellent value for our Customers - including
- Work across all functions and teams within the Mavenlink
organization including Product, Sales, Customer Success, and
Marketing to ensure successful delivery of the right content and
programs to the right audiences.
- Contribute to Sales Enablement - helping communicate the value
proposition to sales teams and developing the needed sales tools to
support the sales cycle and motions.
- Working with Solutions Engineering - making sure we are showing
the latest and greatest features in our product demos to ensure we
are telling a story of differentiated value.
About YouThe ideal candidate for this role loves understanding
business customer pain points and articulating ways to solve them
with technology. You thrive on owning projects from start to
finish, whether that means keeping others on track or diving in to
make things happen.
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be comfortable creating
materials for a wide range of internal and external audiences,
whether that's the CEO of a consulting firm, a project manager in
an advertising agency, or a member of our sales team. You'll also
need to be comfortable getting technical: Mavenlink is all about
providing elegant solutions to complex business problems, and to
market it successfully you'll need to understand exactly what the
application makes possible.
You need to be proactive and self-directed; on a day-to-day basis,
you'll often set your own agenda. Lastly, strong people skills are
essential: you'll be working closely with staff ranging from
entry-level employees to senior executives.
- 5- 7 years of B2B software or SaaS product marketing experience
- a strategic thinker with successful hands-on execution and strong
- Skilled problem solver with a growth mindset and a curiosity to
find a better solution.
- Prior experience with SaaS enterprise software, including BI,
analytics, accounting, ERP, or project management software.
- Demonstrated track record of success in a fast-paced, growth
company - improving the effectiveness of sales professionals and
developing successful go-to-market strategies.
- Strong data analysis and written communication skills.
- BS/BA degree required - Master's degree preferred but
- Experience conducting survey-based customer research
- Proficiency in analyzing research data in Excel, SPSS, Stata,
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science,
communications, marketing, or business administration.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Product Management or Engineering Experience (not required, but
- Experience marketing products to professional services
businesses (marketing agencies, consulting firms, software
implementation teams, etc.)
How to Apply
To apply for this job, click the "Apply" button below. Please
include your resume attached in PDF format.
Before you apply, we recommend touring the product and signing up
for a free trial of Mavenlink to make sure you're interested in
what we do.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Mavenlink, Salt Lake City , Product Marketing Manager, Advertising , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!