PR Account Director - SLC
Company: WE Communications
Posted on: July 15, 2019
WE Codeword is looking for an Account Supervisor/Account Director
to join our growing team. We are searching for a PR pro with 6+
years of experience who can handle clients and wants to work with
exec, peer, and junior staff as equals. The ideal candidate will
lead by example and help to teach our junior staff the trade. You
will be responsible for managing an account team, providing
guidance and support for employees' career growth. You will run
accounts while crafting and implementing PR strategies that
generate results for our clients. You'll contribute to our new
business initiatives, be responsible for day-to-day client
communications, and give senior counsel to clients on media
strategy and media relations.We are searching for someone with
exceptional writing skills. We need a go-getter with fantastic
attention to detail, and an even better attitude. A genuine
interest in the tech industry is also a must. What we need:
- A writer. We only hire strong writers. If you are articulate
and can express yourself intelligently, we want you. If you can
explain something complex to a journalist in three sentences or
less, we want you.
- A person who knows people, and how to engage those people.
Specifically, you know the media, and they know you. You know
entrepreneurs. You live for the startup world. And you love
- An idea person / An execution person. Creative enough to think
big, humble and hard-working enough to execute WELL on a tactical
- A person who has a passion for technology. You have solid
experience in tech + B2B. Consumer lifestyle experience is a
- An entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs know there is no "off" switch,
so we need people that can always be "on." We don't punch a clock
here, but do (try to) track the hours we're spending on an account
– and we manage our time ruthlessly because we have to.
- Experience. We need someone that has done this before. A few
times. You aren't an executive (yet), but you know how to run a PR
program, and you've been around long enough to know the press – and
more important, they know you.
- A manager. We need someone that can manage up and down, letting
nothing slip through the cracks. This means you manage the team,
but you keep those above you in the loop on important
- A problem solver. We need someone that asks the right
questions, finds the answers out themselves, and then presents the
problem with some recommended solutions.Desired skills and
- 6+ years of experience in PR agencies, in-house or corporate
communications (at least one of those years in an agency).
- Strong, established business and trade press and analyst
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency.
- Creativity and integrity, we are a PR agency, after all.
- Ability to be strategic and work well under pressure.
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter able to complete tasks
with minimal supervision, which also means you're both ambitious
- Strong communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Startup experience is a plus or you're just super comfortable
with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, plus you've never met a
Google app or doc you don't know how to use.
- A bachelor's degree or relevant experience.About us:WE Codeword
is a hybrid agency that combines content, media relations and
thoughtful creativity to build effective communications programs.
Our clients trust us to launch their startups, run multi-channel
campaigns, grow their user bases, and lead comprehensive PR and
marketing initiatives. We're storytellers and brand engineers, and
we love big ideas that serve a real purpose. People are number one
because we recognize that people ARE the company. Each business
decision is dictated by people first. We believe the development of
a company culture is critical, and believe that personal
interaction and on-the-job relationships drive this culture. We are
growing quickly, and each person that walks through our doors is an
integral part of this cultural growth. We approach the hiring of a
team member in a thoughtful and deliberate manner. Why? Every
person hired is an investment into the evolution to our
culture.Equal Opportunity: WE Codeword provides equal employment
opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE Codeword values a diverse and inclusive
workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone
thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and
ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in
race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and
sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.
Keywords: WE Communications, Salt Lake City , PR Account Director - SLC, Advertising , Lehi, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!