Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Level: Associate/Senior Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cotopaxi HQ: Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Experience: 3-5 Years
Cotopaxi is an outdoor brand founded to create sustainably designed
products that fight extreme poverty, inspire adventure, and move
people to do good. As a certified B Corporation, we believe in
using the power of business as a force for social, environmental,
and economic good. Our creed, Gear for Good, touches every aspect
of our company. Cotopaxi is committed to making all of our gear
using recycled, repurposed, or responsible materials by 2025. We
allocate 1% of our annual revenue to the Cotopaxi Foundation which
awards grants to outstanding nonprofit partners carefully selected
for their track records at improving the human condition and
alleviating poverty. In 2020, Cotopaxi aided 822,000 people through
poverty alleviation programs, and in 2021, we assisted more than 1
million people experiencing extreme poverty.
Job Overview (What You'll Do)
As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for working with the
Creative team to produce designs for all our channels. This will
include work for our digital ads, retail stores, emails, and
mailers. We're looking for someone who is highly motivated and
creative, who is proficient in design software and can help us push
and refine our style, and who can execute graphics and coordinate
production at a high level.
Job Responsibilities (How You'll Do It)
- Create retail graphics and display concepts for Cotopaxi
- Ideate and produce graphics for digital ads, including motion
graphics and GIFs.
- Coordinate with print partners to execute designs.
- Create mailers and other print collateral.
- Design emails for our campaigns and customer flows.
- Work with the Creative team to define design styles for product
and brand campaigns.
Job Requirements (Who You Are)
- You know print and web design principles.
- You are proficient in relevant software: Adobe CC,
- You have experience creating motion graphics.
- You can execute concepts quickly and at a very high level.
- You can pitch your work.
- You understand the relationships between images and words; you
don't let "pretty" design get in the way of communicating a
- You are a builder who can help us develop stronger processes
and design strategies.
- You have a great attitude and can work with stakeholders from
across the company to produce quality results.
- You are familiar with HTML/CSS.
- You have strong writing skills.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or related field, or
equivalent related experience.
- 3-5 years' design experience.
- Experience in the outdoor industry is a plus.
- Experience designing signage for retail stores a plus.
- Experience working at a direct-to-consumer e-commerce
We take character and camaraderie seriously at Cotopaxi. We like
givers and builders. Our brand is always growing and evolving,
which means you'll be evolving with it. We like to see candidates
who show strong capacity for adaptiveness and flexibility. We're a
spunky company looking to prove that mission-first brands can win.
If you join our team, you'll be a part of something bigger than a
bottom line; so, we love to see volunteering and community
engagement on resumes.
The Work Environment
Cotopaxi is a company that values people, impact, and adventure and
our work environment reflects just that. Whether you are working
from one of our retail stores, our headquarters, your couch at
home, or even your van in the middle of the woods, you'll feel the
camaraderie of our amazing team of visionaries, builders and
go-getters. We work hard and we play hard. We are a team of
outdoorsy (and indoorsy), mission-driven people looking to prove
that business can be a force for good. So, if you join our team,
you'll be a part of something bigger than the bottom line.
Job Benefits (The Perks)
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Company paid basic life insurance.
- Company paid short term disability coverage.
- Company paid life assistance program.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Unlimited responsible PTO.
- 60% off Cotopaxi products.
- Additional outdoor gear discounts.
- Gym reimbursement stipend.
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months for bucket list adventure.
- $5,000 stipend after 5 years for bucket list adventure.
- Company outings and gatherings.
- A fun, caring and empowering company culture!
Cotopaxi is an inclusive Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate
diversity and consider all applicants without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical
disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Cotopaxi, Salt Lake City , Graphic Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!