Video Editor and Motion Graphic Artist-SLC Office
Company: Western Governors University
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: February 7, 2024
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range
of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training;
licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
needs.At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or
near the top of the range for their role, and compensation
decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each
case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is: Pay Range:
$58,000.00 - $87,000.00If you're passionate about building a better
future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're
committed to working hard to play your part in building that
future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.Driven by a
mission to expand access to higher education through online,
competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a
great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused
professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in
the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic,
industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role,
working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students
graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their
families.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON-SITE AT OUR SALT LAKE CITY
- Use creativity and artistic vision to tell compelling stories
by producing videos utilizing video editing, color grading, motion
graphics and titles, 2D and 3D animations, audio post-processing,
music, effects, and foley.
- Participate in the entire video production process, including
concepting, directing, shooting, interviewing, location sound
capture, editing, color correction, audio post-processing, motion
graphics, animation, exporting final deliverables, thumbnails,
caption files, links/embed codes, and backing up projects using
studio guidelines for organization and meta data tagging.
- Responsible for maintaining a library of content and assets
with a high level of detail.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends
to identify opportunities for process improvement, social media
best practices, and platform-specific requirements.
- Responsible for communicating and effectively collaborating
with team members and stakeholders at all levels to ensure a smooth
transition from initial concept to final deliverable.
- Train and assist staff in the operation of video equipment and
- Assist other departments as directed, including live-broadcast
and events, podcasts, and more.
- Create storyboards and animatics to scope animation projects
and communicate milestones with team members, clients, and
- Effectively visualize data in marketing and editorial videos to
make complex concepts compelling and understandable.
- Design, illustrate, and animate world-class motion graphics, 2D
and 3D animations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skill and
- Proficient in the entire video post-production process,
including video editing, color correction, audio sweetening, motion
graphics, animation, and exporting final deliverables.
- Ability to transform raw video footage, audio assets, still
images, and graphics into compelling stories through creative
editing, color grading, motion graphics, animation, and sound
- Highly skilled in all technical facets of video editing and
color correction: advanced video and audio editing, RAW/LOG footage
manipulation, resolution, frame rates, pixel aspect ratios,
encoders, bitrate, delivery formats, camera audio/sync, color
space, LUTs, advanced color correction, creative grading, motion
tracking, and round-trip best practices between software.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder,
Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition and Davinci Resolve. Experience in
Avid Pro Tools is also helpful.
- Ability to export media to a variety of distribution platforms
with the appropriate video format, audio format mapping, and closed
- Understanding and ability to implement best practices related
to media organization & backup and video engagement.
- Skilled in visual & interactive design, including typography,
layout, color and motion.
- Highly proficient in motion-graphic implementation ranging from
lower thirds and descriptive titling to complex illustration,
animation, character rigging, and more.
- Skilled in visual effects, compositing, motion tracking,
matting, rotoscoping, chromakey, blue and green screen removal.
Digital environment projection and photogrammetry a plus.
- Ability to create educational, training, product demo, UI, and
- Demonstratable grasp of fundamental drawing skills.
- Skilled at converting Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, and Photoshop
designs to refined motion graphics.
- Mastery of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop,
with a portfolio to demonstrate.
- Proficient in 3D programs such as: Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max,
Houdini, Cinema 4D or equivalent.
- Proficient with rigging plugins such as Duik Bassel, Limber,
Rubberhose or equivalent.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to continually learn and adapt in a constantly evolving
- High-level problem solving, high attention to detail, with
strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.Competencies:
- Works to achieveoperational targetswithin job
areasimpactingdepartment,function, oroffice results.
- Work is performedindependently onmoderately complexprojects and
assignmentswith some guidancerequired for directionand complex
tasks. Setsobjectives for oneself to meet the goalsof projects
orassignments.Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Responsible foremploying adjustmentsor recommendedenhancements
tosystems and processes tosolve problems orimprovethejob
area'seffectivenesswhile leveraginga systems-thinkingapproach.
- Problems faced mayrequireanunderstanding ofa broader set of
issuesand job areas.Communication & Influence:
- Collaborates with contacts typically within the job area to
obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or
interpretation.Leadership & Talent Management
- May provide guidanceand assistance to entry-level
- Demonstratesthe WGUleadership principles inall aspects of
service tostudents, employees,andpartners of WGU.Job
- Bachelor's degree in Film/TV Production, Communications,
Multimedia, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be
considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3 years experience with an agency, in-house team, or
post-production studio. Experience must be in video production,
video editing, graphic design, motion graphics or similar, with a
demonstrated focus on videography and editing.
- Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.Physical
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Physical capability to lift and transport production equipment
as required. Up to 50 pounds at times.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including some evenings
and weekends, based on production schedules.
- Ability to travel to production locations with some out of
state travel.As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that
our strength lies in our people. We are committed to
Keywords: Western Governors University, Salt Lake City , Video Editor and Motion Graphic Artist-SLC Office, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!