Company: Fisher Industries
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Fisher Industries is a family of businesses that encompass all
aspects of the aggregate production and heavy civil construction
industries. Our unique, vertically-integrated business model allows
us to handle small projects, large scale operations, and every
tough job in between. Our goal is to provide reliable products and
sustainable solutions for innovative global infrastructure. For
additional information about our company, visit our website at
The Grade Checker is responsible for safely setting grade stakes to
guide earth moving equipment operators in sloping highways and fill
embankments, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
TRAVEL is required.
- Reads and understands survey stakes, blueprints, sketches, and
drawings to determine grade specifications required for fill,
sloping or excavation operations.
- Reads, measures, and sets grade stakes, along highway
right-of-way to determine grade specifications in sloping highways
and fill embankments utilizing survey and/or measuring instruments
and hand tools.
- Measures horizontally and vertically, in specified ratio, from
survey stake to juncture of embankment and initial excavation,
utilizing survey and/or measuring instruments, GPS equipment, hand
tools, and eye level.
- Observe excavating activities to verify conformance to stake
references and notify equipment operators and supervision of
- Inspect, clean, and maintain tools, equipment, and
- Perform job site clean-up and maintain job site free of
- May perform traffic control, including flagging.
- May perform a variety of physical tasks including but not
limited to operating equipment and machinery.
- Perform other duties as required. Background
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience,
- (1) year of grade checking experience, preferred. Grade or pave
experience with understanding of grading, drainage, survey staking,
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work, day, swing, and nights shifts (occasionally
- Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in
all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in safety sensitive construction setting,
including exposure to moving machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work collaborative with a team in a fast-paced and
- Ability to squat, crawl, and work in awkward positions/confined
spaces. Physical Demands
- Physical dexterity, stamina, and excellent hand-eye
coordination with ability to grasp, assemble and lift objects,
stand, sit, and walk for extended periods over uneven surfaces,
squat, bank, climb ladders onto equipment or other objects.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling of heavy items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Fisher Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please
email ...@fisherind.com or call 701-###-#### and ask for the HR
Department to request an accommodation. This email is only to
request an accommodation to the application process and is not an
email to inquire about the status of your application. Associated
topics: apprentice, crane, diesel, equipment, forklift operator,
heavy equipment engineer, heavy equipment opr, loader, mechanic,
Keywords: Fisher Industries, Salt Lake City , Grade Checker, Education / Teaching , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!