Lawn Care Technician
Company: Moore Green
Location: North Salt Lake
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Lawn care is a rewarding job. You get to work outside, manage
yourself, and quickly see the results of your work as the lawns you
service turn beautiful and make your customers happy. It's an
active job because of the walking you'll do as you apply nutrients
and, at times, weed and insect control products. Each day you'll
get to drive somewhere new as Moore Green services residential and
commercial properties in Davis and Weber counties. You will be a
part of a team that enjoys working with plants and helping others
beautify landscapes. Our team helps each other even though you get
to work by yourself without someone constantly looking over your
Moore Green wants the best team members and takes care of its
employees by offering higher than average pay, paid holidays,
Saturday work not required, paid training, providing uniforms and
personal protective equipment, and well maintained equipment. If
you are the type of person that enjoys being outside, getting your
work done, and beautifying landscapes, we are interested in
Responsibilities Perform the scheduled services, customer requests,
and sales during the agreed upon work schedule. This position is
expected to offer a high level of customer service by making the
proper treatment(s), leaving the required paperwork and invoices,
and speaking in an understandable manner to customers and fellow
This position is also responsible for the equipment (truck, tanks,
pumps, products, tools, etc.) while on the job. All paperwork,
price sheets, treatment information, product lists, customer
information, etc. is considered confidential property of Moore
Green and must be protected as such.
Job Functions And Duties
- Be on time for work.
- Dress in company uniform or other appropriate attire. Must wear
appropriate PPE according to label boots, socks, gloves, hat,
protective eye wear, long-sleeved shirts.
- Organize work orders for route efficiency.
- Load truck with products and equipment.
- Drive truck to customer properties.
- Make proper fertilizer, weed control, insect control, and
disease control applications.
- Maintain a Utah Pesticide Applicator License.
- Fill out paperwork.
- Speak with customers in a friendly manner regarding
- Keep personal hygiene clean. Hair trimmed, facial hair trimmed
or clean shaven, tattoos covered, ear piercing conservative (no
visible body piercings).
- Measure prospective customer lawns and sell lawn care
- Must have a clean driving record - no more than 1 ticket or
accident for 1 year.
- Ability to speak with people in a friendly manner.
- This position requires the ability to find addresses.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Pesticide Applicator
License through the state of Utah.
- Be able to read and understand pesticide labels and
- Able to lift 50 lbs. and the ability to walk at a consistent
pace during the agreed upon work schedule.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division) are necessary.
- Handwriting must be legible.
- Starting wage $17.00/hr once Utah Pesticide Applicator license
- Up to $22.00/hour depending on experience.
- Paid holidays including New Year's Day, Memorial Day,
Independence Day, Pioneer Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and
- Paid training days
- Year-round employment
- Air conditioned vehicles
- Uniforms and Personal Protective Equipment provided
Keywords: Moore Green, Salt Lake City , Lawn Care Technician, Engineering , North Salt Lake, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!