Sr. Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Company: Waste Management
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
--Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
-- Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. -- WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects. -- Join our
Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over
41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking
fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG
advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles
in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District
of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on
engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment
that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical,
diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies?
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to
use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide
opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
technician--------s safety and show it by demanding solid safety
practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety,
training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards -----" check
us out, we may be the company for you. -- I. Job Summary
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots
and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
-- II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. -- Other minor duties
may be assigned. --
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to,
bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks,
farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors,
transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M.
checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants,
water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed
site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned. III. -- Supervisory
- No supervisory responsibilities required. IV. -- Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job. -- -- A. Education and
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Six (6) years of relevant work experience. -- --
--B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver--------s license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
- RCRA / HAZWOPER Training:
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and
Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP--------s)
- Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Medical Exam
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit
- Physical at Termination C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Skill in operating -- tools, equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to
diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles,
ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and
knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
- Respirators -----" Full face OV/AG or half face with face
- Full face supplied air in some arrears
- Suit -----" Appropriate Barrier Suite: -- Liquid -----" yellow
Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties; Solid -----" white Tyvek
- Gloves -----" appropriate to hazards present -----" PVC over
Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste),
Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes -----" Vinyl Booties -----" Waterproof Boots -----"
Chemical Resistant Boots
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes - Steel Toe V. -- Work Environment Listed below are key
points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of
the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
_ pounds frequently. -- --
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
workday. Note: -- The level of physical effort may vary from site
to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented
here. -- Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee
receives a competitive total compensation package including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.
-- As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and
more! -- Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and
Personal Days. -- Please note that benefits may vary by site. -- If
this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.----- --PandoLogic. Keywords: Heavy Equipment
Mechanic, Location: Salt Lake City, UT - 84104
Keywords: Waste Management, Salt Lake City , Sr. Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!