Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
BLUvera, Mortenson's vertically integrated self-perform
manufacturing and prefabrication affiliate, utilizes advanced
design, engineering, and 3D modeling to deliver and install
prefabricated construction products on Mortenson projects. By
utilizing DfMA principles (design for manufacturing and assembly),
BLUvera leverages technology in the manufacture and fabrication of
steel frame wall panels intended for load bearing and non-load
bearing applications on our project sites. We continuously strive
to enhance our offerings in prefabricated scopes of work that drive
value for BLUvera and Mortenson as a whole. Primary Purpose of
Position BLUvera is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to ensure the
processes and methods in the areas of safety, quality,
environmental, customer service, and cost management are efficient
and effective EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS At Mortenson, we
believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is
expected to apply our leadership principles ---" Do the Right
Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What's Possible ---" in their work.
This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive
attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional
customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in
our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the
opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We
accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive
feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and
safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed
the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our
positions to increase quality, safety and innovation. All team
members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and
inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to
our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson's
values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of
Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the
procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations
Manual. Key Result Areas (Essential Functions)
- Leads the engineering process improvement of plant operations-
including safety, quality, and environmental.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves the manufacturing process;
- Develops and implements process control techniques and
procedures into the process.
- Continually analyzes the manufacturing process flow for
improvements in safety, quality, and cost.
- Collaborates with plant team members regarding product tooling
and design to ensure effective production methods.
- Designs and develops manufacturing processes for enhancements,
product changes, and new products that are consistent with a
zero-defect level and low production cost.
- Provides hands-on maintenance and engineering support to
troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Drives the identification, documentation, and completion of all
preventative maintenance tasks.
- Works closely with the production department to develop,
coordinate, and implement technical training for team members.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of tool drawings
and design concepts in accordance with the engineering,
maintenance, and quality assurance functions.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and production
- Utilizes lean methodologies and tools to accomplish plant
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse
backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in equipment maintenance, process
improvement and product design.
- Understanding of continuous process production equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; excellent root cause analysis
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement and
change management activities.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Proven Lean manufacturing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Active listening skills and effective communication including
an openness to diverse input and feedback Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of overall assembly/manufacturing experience in a
process engineering/maintenance role with an emphasis on continuous
process improvement. Essential Physical Requirements This position
requires the following with or without an accommodation; sitting,
walking, standing, lifting, climbing, pushing, pulling, hearing,
visual acuity, and utilization of a computer and office equipment.
This person must be physically capable of reviewing a jobsite
multiple times daily. The working environments consist of exposure
to dirt, heat, noise, dust, and outdoor weather; as well as indoor
and climate-controlled settings. This position description is not
intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and
responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities
of this position may change without notice. Mortenson is an
EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Keywords: Mortenson, Salt Lake City , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!