Sentinel (GBSD) - Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer - 7616
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector has an opening for a Sr.
Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team of qualified,
diverse individuals. This role is located in Roy, UT with travel to
VSFB, CA and Promontory UT.
This position will be responsible for supporting and working with a
team of highly qualified Electrical Engineers, Mechanical
Engineers, Computer Science engineers and systems engineers
designing the LSS ground system for Sentinel (GBSD) flight test
program. The candidate will report directly to the LSS engineering
manager under Ground Test.
This position will research, develop, design, and tests electrical
components, equipment, systems, and networks in support of the LSS
system. The candidate will design electrical equipment, facilities,
components, products, and systems for the Sentinel (GBSD)
The candidate will define design and technology maturity
constraints of the system in accordance with customer
specifications and range certification requirements outlined in
91-710. The candidate will develop thorough definition of system
external interfaces and defines system implementation approach and
operational concept while ensuring requirements are met and
evaluates performance with customer.
What You'll Get To Do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the
- Responsible for the engineering process development, continuous
improvement, and affordability initiatives within the various
systems and systems assigned.
- Serves as the liaison to LSS Technical Lead, LSS management,
customers, operations, and other functional groups.
- Manages risks, change requests and opportunities for drawing
team's scope within the system discipline.
- Collaborates with all functional organizations to resolve
engineering conflicts with a multiple disciplined engineering
- Maintain System configuration control over SW/HW
versions/configurations (network/computing/applications, automated
environment creation within drawing program.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and
computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing,
such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways,
- Evaluate and reports on new communications technologies to
enhance capabilities of the network.
- Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and
maintain end-to-end ground systems.
- Product Deliveries include: ICDs, Emulator/Simulator baseline
control, test plans, network diagrams, integration/deployment work
instructions, production, and test system hardware (e.g.,
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 9 years with Bachelors in Science, 7 years with Masters, and 4
years with PhD.
- Current DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain/retain TS
clearance and PAR within 365 days from submission.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may
include extended shifts, swing shift, mid shift, holidays, and
weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-
a-week, and 365 days a year.
- Must have previous computer science or system engineering
experience designing integrated ground based computer systems
supporting programs during flight test.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.These
Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience supporting a team of diverse team members integrated
ground based computer systems.
- Knowledge and experience using CAMEO and/or Model Based Systems
Engineering (MBSE) Principles.
- Experience using DOORS Requirements Management Database.
- Experience with Agile
- Previous ICBM Experience is a plus.
- Experience with developing and delivering system drawings.
- Knowledge and experience with 91-710 and range certification
- Experience operating and troubleshooting information
- Experience designing, developing, building, testing and
maintaining network and computing infrastructure
- Experience identifying systems anomalies and troubleshooting
(network/custom applications/COTS software/server
- Experience in, currently or previously held, IAT Level 2
Security Certification (Security +, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP,
GSEC, SSCP) OR IAT DoD level 3 (CASP, CCNP-Security, CISA, CISSP,
- Knowledge of virtualization sustainment/maintenance.
- Project Management, risk and opportunities, and Change Request
Experience.As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space
Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts Salary Range: $135,800 USD - $163,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Salt Lake City , Sentinel (GBSD) - Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer - 7616, Engineering , Roy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!