Company: TalentBurst, Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Title: Corrosion Technician
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Duration: Direct Placement
We offer a wide range of opportunities, including positions as
environmental and operational technicians, engineers, design
technologists, field operators, corporate services, and more. When
joining our team, employees are welcomed into a supportive
community with an inclusive culture, enjoying comprehensive
benefits, exciting work responsibilities, and career-supportive
We value all the communities we serve because we live and work as
members of those communities. Operating safely and responsibly is a
commitment we proudly make as community members and stewards. This
shows in our collaborative spirit, respect for our customers and
community partners, and our dedication to continuous
- Leads and coordinates cathodic protection activities, including
any contracted services, and ensures compliance with Company
Standard Practices, state and federal regulations related to
cathodic protection systems.
- Coordinates the work activities of a group of cathodic
protection technicians, to ensure compliance with federal and state
regulations, and Company Standard Practices
- Coordinates contractor activities relative to cathodic
protection monitoring surveys and cathodic protection
- Coordinates cathodic protection needs with Engineering and
Operations for new or modified pipeline facilities
- May conduct technical, DOT operator qualification, and safety
training for Operations and System Integrity personnel
- Monitors and can perform cathodic protection surveys and
database/records maintenance activities.
-Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- 6+ years' experience in corrosion control
- Ability to effectively lead others
- NACE cathodic protection level 2 certification or
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures for
cathodic protection monitoring instruments
- Advanced knowledge of corrosion control principles and
- Ability to quickly learn Company Standard Practices, state and
federal regulations pertaining to corrosion control
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer software for system
mapping and spreadsheet development
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in
- Ability to work effectively independently
- Ability to respond to emergency conditions which may include
changing flat tires, chaining up vehicle, operating jack,
performing minor maintenance, and operating a two-way radio.
- Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of
education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in
lieu of preferred level of education: Associates Degree, preferably
in Technical Studies
- Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
- Subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for the size and type of
vehicle that will be driven on the job.
- Will be required to maintain DOT operator qualification while
working in the position.
- MPP/NACE Cathodic Protection Level 2 (CP 2) required.
- Cold 51-75%
- Confined Spaces 51-75%
- Dust / Grease / Oil 51-75%
- Energized Wires 51-75%
- Fumes 51-75%
- Loud Noise 51-75%
- Office Work Environment Up to 25%
- Outdoors 51-75%
- Pressurized Lines & Valves 51-75%
- Travel 51-75%
Keywords: TalentBurst, Inc., Salt Lake City , Corrosion Technician, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!