Company: Mavensoft Technologies
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Role: Environmental Engineer
Duration: 6 months (Contract)
Location: Salt Lake City , UT
Worksite: 2755 East Cottonwood Parkway, Suite 300, Salt Lake City,
Notes: Not looking for IT/Scrum Masters.
Required Skills : Knowledge in environmental regulations for
pipeline project development, permitting, construction and
This position is responsible for ensuring Kern River compliance
with local, state and federal environmental regulations associated
with pipeline project development, permitting, construction and
- Coordinates planning, environmental cost estimating and
preparation of environmental impact assessments, biological
resource protection and cultural resource evaluations.
- Prepares and submits applications to procure environmental
permits, approvals, variances and other authorizations.
- Writes and edits comprehensive environmental reports for the
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- Supports/Advises various departments and organizations
concerning company compliance with environmental regulations.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of the requirements
of various agencies, such as the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of waste management
and remediation activities.
- Serves as liaison to environmental regulatory agencies in
support of company functions.
- Develops and maintains necessary documentation related to
environmental compliance programs.
- Performs environmental compliance audits and due diligence
investigations. Conducts required environmental training and
periodic employee awareness programs.
- Performs responsibilities as directed within determined
timeframes and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to complete work by established deadlines.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within
the department and the company.
- Understands customer needs.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skills
necessary to effectively complete responsibilities.
- Enhances job knowledge and abilities by taking personal
responsibility for continued professional development and
- Maintains sensitive and confidential information regarding
- Attends work on a prompt and regular basis and supports
company's employee policies and procedures, including workplace
safety rules and Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and
followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes, and
regulations applicable to position and company.
Experience and Q ualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering, or
other related natural resource field or equivalent and four-six
years of environmental experience.
- Typically, six years of related, progressive work experience
would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do
not possess a bachelor's degree.
- Advanced knowledge of environmental regulations, practices and
standards, and law, construction environmental mitigation methods,
procedures, and operational compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of biological resources, water resources including
wetland regulation and permitting, waste management, cultural
resource regulation, endangered species, air quality, land use and
agency negotiation or a combination of experience.
- Proven negotiation skills with state and federal regulatory
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail,
presentation, and database computer applications.
- Basic math and writing skills, including spelling and
- Ability to analyze and judge reports and records.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel to remote
Please visit our career page for additional job openings:
Keywords: Mavensoft Technologies, Salt Lake City , Environmental Engineer, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...