Senior Cloud Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Description:RoleDo you want a lead engineering role in build
of a rapidly growing cloud native service with the financial
backing of one of the most successful companies in the industry?
Then join our team at Advanced Digital Tools and help us build and
scale our enterprise service to millions of users.The Expertise and
Skills You BringAs a Senior Cloud Engineer, you'll build various
services in our platform. You will partner with engineering &
design teams in USA and India.Our ideal candidate has built high
scale product services, is very passionate about building great
software products and is passionate about learning new
- Proficient in distributed system design and implementation, and
the ability to ensure high-performance, high-reliability operation
of large-scale systems.
- Proficient Java and/or TypeScript developer with solid
foundations in object-oriented programming & design patterns
- Experience with Spring Boot, DropWizard or TypeScript based
frameworks and building REST APIs
- Knowledge of software development processes, and you practice
- Experience with cloud providers, preferable AWS (S3, RDS, SQS,
SNS, DynamoDb, Lambda)
- Familiarity with various databases, RDS (PostgresQL) and NoSQL
(DynamoDb, Cassandra, etc)
- You understand container & serverless architectures (Docker,
Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS)
- You are proficient with Test Driven and Domain Driven
Development (TDD / DDD), including using automated test frameworks
(e.g., JUnit, Mockito, Karma or Jasmine).
- You are an experienced user of one or more Application
Lifecycle Management tools (e.g. Jira).
- You are experienced with DevOps, and test automation.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages - GO
- Creating *Nix scripts using bash, perl etc.
- You have a track record of value driven innovation
- You are passionate, proactive and adaptive and can work in a
dynamic, diverse and geographically distributed team
- You have the drive and ability to learn and take on challenges
enthusiastically.The Value You Deliver
- Be a hands-on software developer who brings experience working
with application-layer development for web applications
- Participate in identifying and building technologies,
practices, and tools needed to build the platform
- Collaborate with diverse groups within the organization,
implement the best engineering practices, and promote those across
other APS products.
- Mentor other team members and collaborate extensively with our
offshore development team
- Conduct demos, participate in technical reviews and deliver
engineering excellence.The TeamFidelity's Advanced Digital Tools
group is engaged in building integrated platforms and services that
are used by all the Fidelity Business Units. Our mission is to
create the best customer and associate experience.We are building a
new and state-of-art information sharing platform between Fidelity,
our customers and partners.Please see below for the salary range
for work locations in Colorado only:N/APlease see below for the
salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester
County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:N/APlease see below for the
salary range for work locations in California only:N/APlease see
below for the salary range for work locations in Washington
only:N/ACertifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a
privately held company with a mission -to strengthen the financial
well-being of our clients. -We help people invest and plan for
their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in
delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions
and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions
to help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll
find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that
positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take
advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage
of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home.
Honored with a -, we have been recognized by our employees as a
Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background
to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for
learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.At
Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way
that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and
offsite through what we're calling "". Most associates will have a
hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity
work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four
weeks. These requirements are subject to change.We invite you to
-Find Your Fidelity -at -.Fidelity Investments is an equal
opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to
attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an
enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will
reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need
adjustments to participate in the application or interview process.
To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR
Accommodation Team by sending an email to -, or by calling
800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3. We welcome those with experience
in jobs such as Software Developer, Computer Technician, and
Computer User Support Specialist and others in the Computers and
Technology to apply.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Salt Lake City , Senior Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Midway, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...