AWS SecDevOps Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Description The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for
an AWS SecDevOps Engineer for the Global Solutions Management -
Operations II (GSM-O II) contract. This position is in the Scott
AFB, IL, Hill AFB, UT or Ft. Meade, MD areas. The candidate will
support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DISA Global
Management System (GMS), providing support for the GMS Cloud
Network and Infrastructure services under general supervision. This
role is primary remote but will also require onsite visits to
support GMS unclassified and classified environments.Candidates
must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL (St. Louis,
MO), Hill AFB, UT or Fort Meade, MD for on-site support. This
position is about 50% remote.Primary Responsibilities
- Work within a team of local and remote architects and software
engineers to create, monitor, and maintain multiple Cloud
deployments at various classification levels and provide Cloud
Engineering support leveraging existing Commercial off the Shelf
(COTS), Government off the Shelf (GOTS), and open-source
components, as well as implement new technologies.
- Provide immediate technical support necessary to meet critical
operational requirements to include schedule flexibility needed to
address issues as they arise which may require after hours or on
- Generate clear and maintainable supporting documentation.
- Update devices as required to maintain current patch levels and
ensure configuration backups are performed and regularly
- Perform vulnerability scanning and ensuring compliance.
- Administer and troubleshoot problems across a wide array of
services and functional areas.
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence
to track development activities, control source code, and author
- Collaborate with software developers to ensure smooth
migrations to the Cloud for new tenets.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team
cohesion and effectiveness.
- Ensure availability, performance, security, and scalability of
- Deploy, configure and maintain AWS Services (EC2, Route 53,
Elastic Load Balancers, etc) in support of GMS Tenet
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must have CompTIA Security+ Certification or its
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to
- Conduct regular security scans, analyze results, and implement
resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and
ensure compliance with DISA STIGs
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and
maintain standard operating procedures.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also
responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as
required by mission or emergency situations.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux,
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management
System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Ability to think and act strategically; capable of working
independently or collaboratively as part of a small team.Preferred
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale network design and
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 2-3 years of AWS experiencePay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 -
$102,000.00 - $137,700.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is
a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Salt Lake City , AWS SecDevOps Engineer, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...