Senior Security Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 28, 2023
At Recursion, we combine experimental biology, chemistry,
automation, and artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently
identify treatments for diseases. We generate a wide variety of
data across different biological and chemical domains and build
models off of that data. Reporting to the Director of Engineering
for this group, the ML Platform Engineering Manager will work to
provide first-in-class capabilities and infrastructure that
accelerate and enable machine learning across the business.
The Impact You'll Make
- Provide expert guidance and consultation to development teams
on secure coding practices, and ensure that products and
applications are developed with security in mind.
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures for
Cloud, containerization technologies, and container orchestration
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures to
protect sensitive data and systems from cyber threats.
- Work closely with DevOps teams to implement security into the
development lifecycle (DevSecOps).
- Identify and report on data security anomalies and partner with
other teams to remediate as required,
- Convey security concepts to non-technical audiences (e.g.
senior and executive management, and internal customers).
- Conduct security assessments and vulnerability testing of
applications, products, systems, and networks to identify potential
threats and risks.
The Team You'll Join
- You will be joining a growing IT and Information Security team
at Recursion, focused on securely implementing and operating our
systems, IT Infrastructure, tools, and technologies that enable
Recursion to decode biology by running experiments at scale from
experiment conception through successful execution. You'll
collaborate with your teammates and across departments to agree on
what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then
figure out how to get us there.
The Experience You'll Need
- 8+ years of experience with the security architecture of a
major cloud Infrastructure platform (AWS, GCP, Azure), Operating
systems (Linux and Windows), Databases, Containers, Kubernetes,
IAM, Directory services, Endpoints, and networks amongst
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security, with a focus on
application security, product security, and data security.
- Strong experience with containerization technologies and
container orchestration platforms (for example Kubernetes, GKE,---)
and related security challenges.
- Familiarity with conducting security reviews of new products
and applications to ensure they meet security requirements and
- Experience in conducting security assessments, vulnerability
testing, and security audits.
- Strong experience with Docker containers, Kubernetes, GKE, and
- Experience with fully automating CI/CD pipelines end-to-end,
from code commits to production.
- Strong understanding of cloud security principles and best
- Familiarity with scripting skills in Python.
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible.
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals and protocols (TCP/IP,
- Perform network forensics and ability to read packet
- Stay current with emerging security threats, technologies, and
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to implement
and maintain security controls and policies.
- Proficient in performing Open Source Intelligence
- Working knowledge of industry standards - NIST Cyber Security
Framework, NIST SP 800-53, ISO 27001/2, Cloud Security Alliance, or
- Support decisions that balance Cybersecurity with ease of
Keywords: Recursion, Salt Lake City , Senior Security Engineer, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...