Facilities Journeyist-Class A Technician
Company: Utah Transit Authority
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Utah Transit AuthorityJob Summary
Generally maintains and makes repairs to the companys buildings,
equipment, machinery, and grounds. Uses various skilled trades
(i.e. electrical, HVAC, hydraulic, mechanical, construction, etc.)
to repair, build, or remodel new physical structures. Some basic
plumbing work. Installs support equipment to physical structures,
machinery or system infrastructures. Performs necessary preventive
maintenance and general maintenance of all physical facilities and
associated support equipment. Completes daily work orders. Uses
required hand and power tools and equipment; operates company
vehicles, trucks, vans, forklifts, lifting equipment, backhoes,
snow removal equipment, tows trailers that require a CDL and
various other equipment. Performs snow and ice removal at various
times, day or night. Some overtime may be required.
*All UTA Facilities Journeyist can enjoy a $2,000 Hiring Incentive.
Ask for details!*
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of supervised work experience in one or more of the
- Facilities Maintenance at the Journeyist Level; OR
- Electrical at the Master or Journeyist level; OR
- HVAC/Refrigeration installation/Repair/Trouble shooting at the
Journeyist level; OR
- Plumbing at the Master or Journeyist Level
- Graduation from a UTA approved Trade Program that produces a
Diploma/Certification of Completion in HVAC/Refrigeration OR
completed an apprenticeship program and obtained an Electricians OR
Plumbing Utah State License
- Must pass a qualifying exam.
- Must own complete set of standard hand tools, for either
electrician, HVAC technician, or Plumber by the 91stshift as listed
on Class A / Journeyist tool list.
- Must be able to pass required DOT card
- Must be able to obtain a Class A CDL drivers license by the end
of probationary period.
- Must have a valid Utah drivers license.
- Be a safe driver with no more than 2 moving violations in the
past 3 years.
- Cannot have any violations of driving under the influence of
alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any
drug within the last 10 years.
- Must be able to work some overtime and holidays as
- Must be proficient at a basic level in Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Must interview for position unless considered a lateral
transfer within the Facilities Maintenance department.
To qualify, must be skilled in one or more of the following
- Electricians must be skilled in troubleshooting, installing and
repairing industrial electrical 3 phase and single phase motor
controls (i.e., hydraulic motors, compressors, pumps, fueling
equipment, etc.) as well as other general building electrical
- Refrigeration/HVAC Journeyist must be skilled in
troubleshooting, repairing, and installing refrigeration equipment
that uses R-410A and R-22 refrigerant, forced air natural gas
systems heating systems, and boiler heating systems, in a
multi-zone HVAC systems.
- Familiarity with the working application and safe use of all
power tools and instruments used in facilities maintenance for
troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of hydraulic / pneumatic systems, as
well as other related equipment utilized in an industrial building
and bus repair facility preferred.
- Working knowledge of welding, brazing and soldering
This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.[UTA
reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and
UTAs benefits package for full-time maintenance employees
- Health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term
disability insurance (eligible after 30 days of employment), with
Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts.
- Health and Wellness Clinics for on-site medical care at no cost
to employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- 13 days of paid time off (9 personal days and 5 vacation days).
Increase in paid time off with tenure at UTA.
- 10 paid holidays and two paid (2) floating holidays per
- Retirement options - Pension Plan with 5-year vesting schedule
and 457 Contribution Plan, available for immediate contributions
and company matching.
- Generous tuition reimbursement for higher education, available
for both bachelors and masters degree.
- Apprenticeship programs available as well as other training,
development, and career advancement opportunities.
- Paid parental leave for birth, adoption, and child placement
(after 12 months of employment).
- Free transit passes for employee, spouse, and dependent
- Employee assistance program includes counseling, legal
services, financial planning, etc.
- UTA Well a comprehensive wellness program designed to support
employees and dependents in their health and wellness
- Free on-site fitness facilities and discounted membership to
For more information on UTAs Total Rewards benefits package, please
Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with Friday/Saturday OR Sunday/Monday off
OR 6:00 am to 2:30 pm with Friday/Saturday off* * Shift & Days Off
Subject to ChangePay Rate: $34.36 per hour
Open till filled
Keywords: Utah Transit Authority, Salt Lake City , Facilities Journeyist-Class A Technician, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!