Company: Recursion Pharmaceuticals
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 15, 2019
At Recursion, we combine experimental biology, automation, and
artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently identify
treatments for human diseases. We are hiring an Automation Engineer
to implement and improve laboratory automation to extract maximum
value from every experiment we conduct.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
As an Automation Engineer, you will report to our Director of HTS
Operations. The high-level job description has only one item: do
whatever is necessary to help us discover treatments for diseases.
You will identify new capabilities for Recursion to improve quality
and uptime of our instrumentation.
For this role, we're looking for people who are eager to:
- Experiment We want engineers who think critically. Rigorous use
of the scientific method allows our Automation Engineers to quickly
understand the essential aspects of laboratory systems and ensure
they are optimized and controlled.
- Collaborate We want engineers who play well with others. The
role will require close collaboration with our biological and
computational science teams to organize the most efficient path to
success across all of our laboratory assays.
- Create We want engineers who identify creative solutions.
Recursion's thirst for data can only be fed through an
ever-expanding suite of instrumentation.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A B.S. in a technical field related closely to Engineering,
Physics, Computer Science, or Biology
- 5+ years experience maintaining and working with laboratory
automation with a focus on LIMS-integrated liquid handlers,
Automated microscopy systems, RT-PCR systems, FACS and similar
- Ability to implement and maintain automated laboratory
- Demonstrated experience with documentation and validation of
laboratory protocols in a high throughput environment
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity and a meticulous
- Ability to converse and understand molecular and cellular
biology at a broad level
- Proficiency with C# and Python desired
THE PERKS YOU'LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in
most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in
addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet
away from our new headquarters
- Gleaming new 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a
70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
WHAT WE DO
Poised at the intersection of biology and computation, Recursion is
revolutionizing the pharmaceutical industry's approach to drug
discovery. Our unique platform leverages the most advanced biology,
high-throughput automation, and artificial intelligence to rapidly
discover treatments for rare diseases, diverse immune and
inflammatory diseases and new indications in the future.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate
discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion,
creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy,
gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender
individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past,
current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion here:
Keywords: Recursion Pharmaceuticals, Salt Lake City , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!