DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Company: Precision Castparts Corp.
Location: Spanish Fork
Posted on: February 23, 2021
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power
generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military
airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for
the casting and forging industries. With such critical
applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in
the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar
company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160
plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in
over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to
being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the
highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually
pursuing strategic, profitable growth. Effective early February
2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E.
Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Business Profile PCC
Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and
assemblies to the global aerospace industry.PCC Aerostructures now
includes 38 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000
employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC
Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures,
Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, Noranco, ProCoat, Southwest United
Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut.
Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma,
Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Location Profile Located in Spanish Fork Utah, Klune Industries is
unique in that it produces hard metal complex machined parts for
both military and commercial aerospace customers. It is also a
vertically integrated business with machining, processing, and
assembly capabilities. Position Summary Manage, direct, and
implement operations strategies and objectives to ensure the
achievement of site and division's goals.-- Primary Duties &
- Develops and maintains business plans and performance criteria
to ensure department effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Assists in developing budgets and forecasts to guide and manage
operating plans and manage effectively to those budgets to drive
- Monitors departmental metrics and workload of core departments
identifies best practices and opportunities areas and provides
solutions for improved efficiencies.
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator
performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is
used to maximize production.
- Provides leadership, coaching and development to direct reports
in order to improve the caliber and productivity of all staff
- Aligns management and staff via reinforcement of vision and
goals; exceeds through superior hiring, continuous coaching,
appraisal, formal training and disciplinary practices.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship and
communications within the organization at all levels.
- Encourages participation in operational improvements and
innovations at all levels.
- Establishes and maintains safety operations by adhering to
procedures and policies.
- Performs other related duties as required. Experience &
- BS Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant technical
field; relevant experience may be substituted
- 8-10 years progressive experience in the manufacturing
- Experience in machine shop practice and theory Required Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Communication, influencing, negotiating and assertiveness
- Decision making, sound business judgment
- Project management
- Maintain and provide current understanding of best practices
and technology trends
- Change management Relocation Full Relocation is authorized for
this position. We are constantly searching for the best talent and
offer excellent development programs for recent graduates as well
as meaningful work experience for those still studying.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp., Salt Lake City , DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, Executive , Spanish Fork, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!