Chief Credit Risk Officer
Company: Korn Ferry
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Background/CultureOur client is a global shipping and
mailing company that provides technology, logistics, and financial
services to more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500. Small
business, retail, enterprise, and government clients around the
world rely on the company to remove the complexity of sending mail
Our TeamAt the company, our passionate and ambitious team delivers
innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always
evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to
the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages
efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices.
In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive
Our client is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to
Job DescriptionAt our company, we do the right thing, the right
As Chief Risk Officer for the company, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration
and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken
down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market
You are:An influential leader with deep financial services and
banking risk management experience. You posess a strong executive
presence and have significant stakeholder engagement experience
including working with rating agencies. You are proficient in the
capital markets and will lead and support capital plan
You will:Be a part of the senior leadership team and accountable
for managing the risk profile of the company. In the role you will
oversee all facets of risk management including credit risk
management, operational risk management, risk management policy and
governance, portfolio management, and regulatory and compliance
risk. The incumbent will play a critical role in transforming the
bank performance into a growth company. As such the position will
be responsible for driving growth of bank assets, products, and
services ensuring safe and sustainable expansion. In support of
strategic imperatives, the Chief Risk Officer will build
organizational capacity and leadership to enable success. The
incumbent will also drive the deployment of technology
infrastructure to support the strengthening and efficiency of the
risk management function.
Your day-to-day focus will include:
- Leading structured credit underwriting including middle market
lease and loan transactions with companies across a variety of
- Managing underwriting analysis including transactional due
diligence, identification of relevant risks, creation of risk
mitigation factors, development of investment rationale, and
presentation of ultimate credit approval requests.
- Responsible for financial spreading, projections / modelling,
and stress testing of transactions.
- Leading transactional structuring and liaise with internal and
external resources and counsel to document and secure transactions
- Overseeing operational risk management including managing key
risk management KPIs / metrics and controls to ensure operational
- Leading and monitoring portfolio risk assessments including
contemporizing the bank risk rating system and technology
- Overseeing and driving bank risk management governance
programs, policies and procedures, and compliance with applicable
regulations and laws.
- Oversight of regulatory requirements including those pertaining
to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML),
Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the
identification, detection, mitigation, and prevention of money
laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Ensuring a risk-aware culture that instils accountability,
fosters sound and sustainable decision-making, and helps to
identify potential issues before they become costly problems.
- Coordination and oversight of regular SOX, internal control
programs, risk assessment, mitigation planning, and control
functional excellence processes and programs.
- Supervision of Regulatory compliance, Credit Risk management,
and operational and execution risk management functions and
- Implementation of appropriate risk reporting to the CEO/ Board/
Board Committees, and senior management. Respond to requests for
- Management of internal audit, regulatory examination
coordination, and annual external audit and financial statement
- New product evaluation and control design, implementation, and
testing functions. Supporting product development, management,
- Management of data analytics and systems for capital markets
- Cross-functional collaboration with business unit leadership to
ensure strategies fit varying business models/products and to
support achievement and delivery of products and services.
Your background:As Chief Risk Officer of the company, you have:
- Deep knowledge of cash flow, projection modeling and stress
testing, structuring of deals, function etc.
- Portfolio management for both portfolios
- 15+ years of post-graduate financial management experience in
the following areas:
- Credit authority underwriting and portfolio risk
- Internal audit and control design evaluation
- Bank regulatory risk and compliance management
- New product and process evaluation and implementation
- Internal, external, and regulatory examination
- Preferred previous job titles include Credit Officer, VP
Internal Control, VP Compliance and/or Chief Compliance Officer, VP
Risk Management, VP Operations, Legal Counsel, and Chief Audit
- Demonstrated independence and objectivity; executive-level
interpersonal skills; management and leadership skills; political
savvy; sound judgment personal strength; integrity;
- 2+ years of working with secondary marketing, securitization,
and special purpose entity (SPE) operations.
- Minimum of 4 years of ALCO membership with balance sheet
management and regulatory compliance experience.
- Fully versant in bank regulation application and compliance,
specifically as it applies to financial controls, operational risk
oversight, and vendor management.
- MBA or other advanced business degree preferred
- CPA or CIA qualifications preferred
- Experience managing and developing staff to drive performance
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse
perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to
the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally
Keywords: Korn Ferry, Salt Lake City , Chief Credit Risk Officer, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!