Palmer Court Property Manager
Company: The Road Home
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Road Home seeks employees that have a deep commitment to the
mission of serving adults and families that are experiencing
The Palmer Court Property Manager will work with tenants, staff and
community partners to create a safe and participatory housing first
This position is responsible for the efficient management of The
Road Homes Permanent Supportive Housing Properties to satisfy the
requirements of the ownership and tenants, to preserve and increase
the value and integrity of the properties and to meet the financial
objectives. This includes compliance to all program regulations,
handling tenant relations, overseeing maintenance, and supervision
of other property management staff.
Director of Property Management
Monday - Friday, Days
Grade and Starting Rate
Grade 11, $28.05/hour
Administrative Support Worker
- A key component of this position is establishing good relations
with tenants, supportive service team members, and the community.
Our overall objective is to create a warm and positive apartment
community that will support tenants for the long term.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to client
- Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with all
applicable state and local laws, particularly regarding
resident-landlord relations, all applicable OSHA regulations and
fair housing laws and ensure that all team members are familiar
with and understand them.
- Remain familiar, current and collaborate with Housing
Authorities, Utah Housing Corporation and other partner agencies as
needed on U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development programs
and regulations with the LIHTC program.
- Oversee the tax credit program reporting requirements to ensure
program compliance, by performing audits, ensuring reporting
requirements with all funding sources are completed and using
reports to monitor efficiency.
- Oversee and support Assistant Property Managers in rent
collection as required in preparing statements and notices for
non-payment of rent and other violations. Oversee, support and have
knowledge of tenant accounts and determine which residents could
benefit from the Rent Payment Program and further support.
Coordinate with case management staff the status of client accounts
- Prepare and revise lease documents, re-certifications and other
supporting documents as needed to comply with industry
requirements. Perform beginning inspections as to condition prior
to leasing up of new properties and oversee staff in lease-up
process, support on-site staff to ensure that units are being
maintained according to HUD/LIHTC required housing quality
- Maintain required records and statistics, and prepare and
present as needed reports, statistical summaries, and oral reports
to Palmer Court staff, to other Road Home staff, and to community
organizations as appropriate.
- Oversee all aspects of property management to assure the
property is well maintained and meets all funding
- Oversee the eviction and rent process with staff and the
- Collaborate with the Permanent Supportive Housing Supervisor
and Case Managers to ensure that units are leased in a timely
fashion by qualified applicants and lease violations are managed
- Support and supervise Assistant Property Manager and
maintenance staff in maintaining 24-hour, seven-days-per-week
coverage and preserve and increase the value and integrity of the
properties building maintenance and upkeep.
- Supervise and direct appropriate training for staff to assure
quality program delivery and a safe work environment.
- Assist the staff with questions and problems relating to
- Keep management informed on all staff matters.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating budget for
the property as well as projections. Reviews monthly operating
results with supervisor and assists with the preparation of written
- Work with the Accounting Department to assure compliance with
applicable regulations. Ensure that rent and charges are collected
and reports completed according to deadlines.
- Prepare purchase orders and approve expenditures within
specified budgetary guidelines. Review, understand, analyze and
make recommendations for vendor contracts to supervisor.
- Coordinate with other community agencies, and communicate
needs, problems, and suggestions to those agencies.
- Maintain good relations with neighboring business owners and
residents as well as the local community council.
- Participate in appropriate outreach activities, including
NAHRO, Utah Housing Coalition, Utah Apartment Association, Utah
Housing Corporation and other organizations.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Five years experience in property management required
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Strong LITHC/Section 42 background preferred
- Tax Credit Compliance certification preferred
Required Skills And Abilities
- Ability to work well with low-income families, individuals and
with people with disabilities.
- Knowledge of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program, U.S.
Department of Housing and Urban Development regulations as they
relate to housing programs for low income or elderly persons and
people with disabilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative management setting.
- Ability to work with staff in solving problems related to
- Ability to develop and maintain liaisons with various agencies
and programs, and working well with other Housing agencies and
- Flexible in responding to job demands to meet work needs, as
well as ability to work well under stressful conditions.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Self-starter and self-directed.
- Ability to accept direction from Supervisor.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong computer
- Ability to work from a Trauma-Informed Care framework.
- Familiarity with the Housing First philosophy.
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse
populations. Ability to contribute to the agencys commitment to
enhancing awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug
Physical and Equipment Requirements
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for at least an hour at a
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The Road Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To comply with the Presidential Executive Order, The Road Home will
be requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19
effective Jan 4, 2022.
Our Inclusive benefits:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- HSA, FSA, HRA
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA, 403B with TRH match)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & 12 Public Holidays)
- One Floating Holiday Per Year
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursementby Jobble
Keywords: The Road Home, Salt Lake City , Palmer Court Property Manager, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!