Outbound Department Manager
Company: Red Stag Fulfillment
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Red Stag is a unique and special organization. We understand
that our Team Members are our most important asset. We have grown
into one of Americas best order fulfillment companies by building a
team of people who are eager to be a part of our growth. To make
this happen, our Team Members show up and give their all every day.
Our core values are of paramount importance and inform and guide
all our decisions.
Here at Red Stag:
- We treat others with dignity and respect.
- We sweat the small stuff.
- We have positive attitudes.
- We act like we own it.
The core mission of the Outbound Manager is to lead day-to-day
operations of the Outbound Department in multiple warehouses while
ensuring volume, efficiency, and quality standards are always
achieved. The Outbound Department Manager plans and establishes
workflows, staffing requirements, and maintains a LEAN focused
process to maximize productivity and reduce waste. Meanwhile, the
Outbound Manager will be responsible for improving cultural buy-in
to our core values, coaching operational leads, and having a
servant leadership mentality.
About the Role:
The world of eCommerce is moving at lightning speed, and that pace
of change requires an enthusiastic team member who has a keen eye
for detail, experience building high-performance teams, and a
demonstrated ability to make data-based decisions. These skills
will be critical for the role of the Outbound Department Manager at
our Salt Lake City facility. This opportunity will allow the
successful candidate to assist in maintaining the exceptionally
high standards of Red Stag Fulfillment by leading, coaching, and
training the Outbound Department.
You are the one we are looking for if:
You thrive in a fast-paced, high-demand environment, where business
needs are constantly changing. You live to serve, and you love
seeing the teams you lead win. You LOVE logistics and solving
complicated puzzles. Your idea of fun is anticipating problems and
ensuring they never become issues at all. You can fight fires, but
you live for fire prevention and staying at the head of a
fast-moving train. You have a proven record of training and
maintaining uncompromising safety standards. You are a self-starter
and are often described as a go-getter. You are an expert in
setting crystal-clear expectations, coaching and training to
maintain those expectations, and holding people accountable. You
have a strong background in making data-based decisions using
analytics. You are familiar with LEAN principles and have a
continuous improvement mentality. You can get up to speed quickly
and do whatever it takes to get the job done. If you are more
comfortable with someone directing your day-to-day activity i.e.,
telling you exactly what to do then this is not the position for
you. But, if you like the idea of diving right in, getting stuff
done, and actively growing in new areas, then this might be your
perfect fit. If youre up for the challenge, we want to hear from
- Responsible for all activities of the Outbound department.
- Maintain & improve KPIs for the Outbound department.
- Develop & maintain a robust training program to ensure ALL new
hires are hitting production minimums within 2 weeks.
- Reduce Outbound H/C per package.
- Reduce Cycle times for Picking, Packing, Loading.
- Hold Kaizen Events to improve the department.
- Work with HR to develop robust leadership development program
for operations team.
- Ensure that Outbound is always appropriately staffed.
- Help keep turnover rate below 30%.
- Work with the warehouse coordinator to ensure all Outbound SOPs
are accurate, up to date, and followed.
- Undergraduate degree or 3-5 years experience in an operational
- Lean project training & KAIZEN leadership
- Great communication skills.
- Familiarity with billing and basic math skills.
- Strong excel skills.
- Proven record of training and maintaining safety
- Strong understanding of Standard Work.
- Demonstrated ability to make data-based decisions through
analytics and KPI focused leadership.
- Ability to hire, coach, and mentor groups and individuals.
- Preferred manufacturing and production background.
- Servant leadership our team members are the key to our success,
and you need to understand that youre here to serve them.
- Ability to operate in a very high paced environment.
- Ready for responsibility we have high standards and were very
- Growth mindset setbacks are inevitable, and wed prefer that you
see them as opportunities to learn, instead of signs of your fixed
- Humility we love what we do, but its not always glamorous.
- Team mindset with rapid change and growth, you will need to
work well with others to help implement positive change.
- Lean thinking constant growth and a changing market will
require you to always be looking for ways to streamline processes
as well as train your team to do the same.
- Love technology our entire business is built on and facilitated
by technology, so you will need to love it (at work and in your
- Honesty we expect you to be honest with us, and you should be
prepared for us to be honest with you.
- Trajectory we want to know that given the right resources and
deployed in the right environment, you can accomplish everything we
need you to do.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
- Must be able to work on the warehouse floor when needed
including continuous time standing/walking, regular lifting of
freight up to 50 pounds (with team lifting heavier items),
reaching, bending, carrying, etc.
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Red Stag Fulfillment, Salt Lake City , Outbound Department Manager, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!