Retail Store Manager - Park City, UT
Location: Park City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Retail Store ManagerJob Level:
Mid-LevelJob Type: Full-Time, ExemptJob Location: Cotopaxi Retail
Store - Park City, UtahJob Compensation: $65-75k total comp,
inclusive of monthly and annual incentives.About Cotopaxi:Cotopaxi
is a carbon neutral outdoor gear brand founded to create
sustainably designed products that fight extreme poverty, inspire
adventure, and move people to do good. As a certified B
Corporation, we believe in using the power of business as a force
for social, environmental, and economic good. Our creed, Gear for
Good, touches every aspect of our company. Cotopaxi is committed to
making all of our gear using repurposed, recycled, or responsible
materials by 2025. We allocate 1% of our annual revenue to the
Cotopaxi Foundation which awards grants to outstanding nonprofit
partners carefully selected for their track records at improving
the human condition and alleviating poverty. In 2021, we aided over
1 million people in extreme poverty through targeted grants to
outstanding organizations with proven methodologies.Job Overview
(What You'll Do):Cotopaxi is looking for a passionate,
people-driven, retail-loving Store Manager who will be responsible
for overseeing our Park City retail store on Main Street!As the
Retail Store Manager, you will work closely with our Retail Guides
and Regional Store Manager to help support and grow the Park City
retail market. For you, success in business is about more than
profit. You have a vision for a world in which business positively
impacts society, community, and environment. Not only are you savvy
in retail operations, but you are an approachable leader who
thrives in a customer first culture. Most importantly, you can lead
our retail team through the embodiment of Cotopaxi's brand and
culture, leveraging your desire to engage and inspire adventure
(big or small) in the community!Job Responsibilities (How You'll Do
- Create a customer first culture by fostering a fun, engaging
environment for Guides and customers.
- Lead your Guides by example in making memorable experiences for
- Be the in-house expert on Cotopaxi products and initiatives,
and share that knowledge with your Guides.
- Support the development of your Guides through encouragement,
training, and productive feedback.
- Address and resolve Guides' concerns fairly and promptly.
- Conduct meaningful performance reviews for each Guide.
- Oversee employment-related matters in accordance with company
policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Live and inspire the Cotopaxi culture and values of people,
impact and adventure.
- Be an ambassador of the Cotopaxi brand throughout your
community by getting involved.
- Collaborate with the community engagement team on in-store and
- Grow the herd! Collaborate with the Recruiting Coordinator to
help discover and hire new Guides.
- Lead new hire onboarding and team training.
- Collaborate with the Retail Management Team to develop and grow
the Cotopaxi retail experience.
- Keep the store stocked! Manage inventory levels, ordering and
- Partner with the Visual Merchandising Manager to execute new
directions and maintain an inviting customer journey through the
- Share the load. Prioritize the store's needs and delegate
accordingly between yourself and your Guides.
- Partner with the Regional Sales Manager to ensure operational
and brand goals are being met.
- Be deeply committed to creating a supportive and positive work
environment for Guides and customers!Job Requirements (What You
Need to Succeed):
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of 10+ direct reports,
ideally in a retail store environment.
- A flexible schedule, able to work a variety of retail hours and
cover shifts for your team when needed.
- Excellent leadership skills. You know how to motivate a team
and are someone people love!
- An eye for detail. You're also organized and someone who
thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A basic understanding of financial principles such as how
expenses affect profitability.
- Ability to move boxes and fixtures weighing up to 50
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders to service fixtures, lights,
and window displays.
- Ability to move and traverse within the store space to provide
customer service.Character:We take character and camaraderie
seriously at Cotopaxi - we like givers and builders. Our brand is
growing and evolving, so you'll be evolving with it, which is why
we like to see candidates who show a strong capacity for
collaboration, creative-thinking, and adaptability. We're in
business to Do Good, so we love to see volunteering and community
engagement on resumes too.The Work Environment:Cotopaxi is a
company that values people, impact, and adventure and our work
environment reflects just that. Whether you are working from one of
our retail stores, our headquarters, your couch at home, or even
your van in the middle of the woods, you'll feel the camaraderie of
our amazing team of visionaries, builders and go-getters. We work
hard and we play hard. We are a team of outdoorsy, mission-driven
people looking to prove that business CAN be a force for good. So,
if you join our team, you'll be a part of something bigger than the
bottom line.Job Benefits (The Perks):
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Company paid basic life insurance.
- Company paid short term disability coverage.
- Company paid life assistance program, with the election of
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Unlimited Responsible PTO.
- 60% off Cotopaxi products.
- Additional outdoor gear discounts.
- Gym reimbursement stipend.
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months for bucket list adventure.
- $5,000 stipend after 5 years for bucket list adventure.
- Company outings and gatherings.
- A fun, caring and empowering company culture!Cotopaxi is an
inclusive Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and
consider all applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity,
religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by lawPowered by
Keywords: Cotopaxi, Salt Lake City , Retail Store Manager - Park City, UT, Executive , Park City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!