Company: RK Mechanical, Inc.
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
RK Careers General Manager Mechanical Salt Lake City, Utah Pay
Scale: $170,000 - $200,000 Apply DescriptionResponsible for overall
construction of projects within budget, on schedule and in
accordance with established policies and procedures of RK
Mechanical, Inc. Responsible for management of Business Unit(s)
and/or Operation Group(s) processes and procedures, including
project required Pre-Construction, Planning & Preparation,
Execution & Control, and Closeout with full P& L responsibility for
the projects located in the assigned region. -What you'll be
- Develop a strong sales presence in the Utah market with the
ability to build relationships both upstream and downstream.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations of Business
Unit/Operation Group Managers and their Teams as needed.
- Develop relationships with new partners and clients as well as
provide support to existing ones
- Actively research project opportunities through publications,
personal relationships with existing and prospective customers,
networking, attending customer events, and participating in
- Schedule and attend client meetings to generate new business
leads and expand industry network.
- Develop and foster long term relationships with owners,
developers, real estate professionals, architects, engineers and
- Presents monthly report on performance to the Business Unit
- Review Business Unit Bidding/Pending/New Projects List and
follow-up with award and staffing issues.
- Assist in management needs associated with Estimating and bid
- Ensure Pre-Construction Planning Meetings are conducted for
business unit projects.
- Ensure bid estimate work units are quantified and confirmed to
match contract work units, and that accurate original budget is
- Ensure prompt review and processing of Business Unit Contract
and Subcontract Agreements.
- Ensure material/equipment/fixture management plan is developed,
implemented and monitored, including process of requisitions,
buyouts, submittals, CAD, release, pre-fabrication, fabrication,
status tracking and delivery coordination.
- Ensure business unit required billings are accurately and
timely completed, and that payments are collected on or before due
- Ensure business unit change condition work is accurately and
timely priced, submitted, processed and collected.
- Coordinate work and communications between departments as
- Provide necessary training, mentoring, coaching and leadership
for business unit/operation group personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews of staff, and employee warnings
and/or counseling as required.
- Ensure labor resource loading and productivity tracking are
implemented updated and analyzed on a weekly basis.
- Ensure business unit monthly cost projections are accurately
and timely completed.
- Provide monthly business unit summary reports to VPO.
- Maintain and improve owner, general contractor, engineer and
- Solicit suggestions from staff members on improving procedures,
productivity and efficiency. Forward suggestions to the VPO.
- Ensure post-construction closeout meetings are conducted for
business unit projects. -What is expected of a Director of Utah
- Company Leader.
- Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such
diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level
employees and officers.
- Plays a role in company business strategy development and
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having
significant impact on extensive and related activities of the
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature
judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and
activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups
giving broader direction.
- Expert in field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent
combination of skills and experience generally required. -How you
make Safety your top priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are
empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees
should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to
implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices
including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation,
site specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens,
Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 30.Local Awards:
- Denver Business Journal
- #1 Denver-Area Mechanical Contractor 2014- Present
- #6 Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Company: X-Large,
- #7 Denver-Area Corporate Foundation, 2020
- #7 Denver-Area Manufacturing Firm, 2020
- #14 Denver-Area Healthiest Employers, 2020
- #16 Largest Denver-Area Private Employer, 2020
- #22 Denver-Area Private-Sector Employer, 2020
- #23 Denver-Area Corporate Philanthropists, 2020
- ColoradoBiz Magazine
- #8 Top 200 Private Companies List, 2020
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) - Rocky Mountain
- 1 st Place Specialty Contractor Award of Excellence- Ascent
- 2 nd Place Specialty Contractor Award of Merit- Pike Peak
- Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC)
- "Platinum Level" Company in STEP Safety Management System
- Platinum level ratings or higher from the ABC STEP program for
nine of the past twelve consecutive years
- Colorado Manufacturing Awards
- RK Mission Critical- CMA Building and Construction Manufacturer
of the Year
- Colorado Workforce Development Council
- 2020 Colorado Apprenticeship Program of the Year,
- Engineering News Record
- 2020 ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year
- 2019 Colorado Project of the Year Winner- Gaylord Rockies
- 2020 Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Award of Merit: Financial
- 2020 Cultural/Worship, Award of Merit: Denver Art Museum Sie
- Top 40 and highest ranked Mechanical Firm in Colorado on ENRs
Top 50 Firms in Mechanical, 2020
- #8 Top 20 Firms in Sheet Metal, 2020
- #19 Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection, 2020
- #95 ENRs "The Top 600 Specialty Contractors", 2020
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- #16 Top 200 Performers, 2020
- #2 Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, 2020
- #5 Top 30 Electrical Contractors, 2020
- America Heart Association
- Gold Level Employer
RK Industries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law Apply Apply Later --- Back to
Current Openings Share RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Powered by Jobvite You have been redirected to a RK job page
Keywords: RK Mechanical, Inc., Salt Lake City , General Manager, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!