Vice President Chief Risk Officer
Company: Pitney Bowes
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a
member of our team, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration
and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken
down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.We actively
look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market
solutions.Job Description:You are:
An influential leader with deep financial services and banking risk
management experience. You possess a strong executive presence and
have significant stakeholder engagement experience including
working with rating agencies. You are proficient in the capital
markets and will lead and support capital plan execution.
Be a part of the senior leadership team and accountable for
managing the risk profile of the Pitney Bowes Bank, Inc. in concert
with the risk appetite of the Board of Directors. In the role you
will oversee and manage all facets of risk management including
credit risk management, operational risk management, risk
management policy and governance, portfolio management, and
regulatory and compliance risk. The incumbent will play a critical
role in transforming the bank performance into a growth company. As
such the position will be responsible for driving growth of bank
assets, products, and services ensuring safe and sustainable
expansion. In support of strategic imperatives, the Chief Risk
Officer will build organizational capacity, risk management
structures, and leadership to enable success. The incumbent will
also drive the deployment of technology infrastructure to support
the strengthening and efficiency of the risk management
Your day-to-day focus will include
- Leading credit underwriting including small to middle market
lease and loan transactions with companies across a variety of
- Managing underwriting analysis including transactional due
diligence, identification of relevant risks, creation of risk
mitigation factors, development of investment rationale, and
presentation of ultimate credit approval requests.
- Responsible for financial spreading, projections / modeling,
and stress testing of transactions.
- Leading transactional structuring and liaise with internal,
external resources, and counsel to document and secure transactions
- Overseeing operational risk management including managing key
risk management KPIs / metrics and controls to ensure operational
- Leading and monitoring portfolio risk assessments including
contemporizing the bank risk rating system and technology
- Overseeing bank risk management governance programs, policies
and procedures, and compliance with applicable regulations and
- Oversight of regulatory requirements including those pertaining
to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML),
Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the
identification, detection, mitigation, and prevention of money
laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Ensuring a risk-aware culture that instills accountability,
fosters sound and sustainable decision-making, and helps to
identify potential issues before they become costly problems.
- Coordination and oversight of regular SOX, internal control
programs, risk assessment, mitigation planning, and control
functional excellence processes and programs.
- Supervision of Regulatory compliance, Credit Risk management,
and operational and execution risk management functions and
- Implementation of appropriate risk reporting to the CEO/ Board/
Board Committees, and senior management. Respond to requests for
- Management of internal audit, regulatory examination
coordination, and annual external audits.
- New product evaluation and control design, implementation, and
testing functions. Supporting product development, management,
- Management of data analytics and systems for capital markets
- Cross-functional collaboration with business unit leadership to
ensure strategies fit varying business models/products and to
support achievement and delivery of products and
services.Qualifications - ExternalYour background:
As Chief Risk Officer of the Pitney Bowes Bank, you have:
- Deep knowledge of cash flow, projection modeling and stress
testing, structuring of deals, function etc.
- Portfolio management for both existing and new portfolios
- 15+ years of post-graduate financial management experience in
the following areas:o Credit authority underwriting and portfolio
o Internal audit and control design evaluation
o Bank regulatory risk and compliance management
o New product and process evaluation and implementation
o Internal, external, and regulatory examination coordination
- Preferred previous job titles include Credit Officer, VP
Internal Control, VP Compliance and/or Chief Compliance Officer, VP
Risk Management, VP Operations, Legal Counsel, and Chief Audit
- Demonstrated independence and objectivity; executive-level
interpersonal skills; management and leadership skills; political
savvy; sound judgment personal strength; integrity;
- 2+ years of working with secondary marketing, securitization,
and special purpose entity (SPE) operations.
- Minimum of 4 years of ALCO membership with balance sheet
management and regulatory compliance experience.
- Fully versant in bank regulation application and compliance,
specifically as it applies to financial controls, operational risk
oversight, and vendor management.
- MBA or other advanced business degree preferred
- CPA or CIA qualifications preferred
- Experience managing and developing staff to drive performance
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse
perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to
the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally
(pbprojectliving.com)Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and
inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ+ are
encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with
disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should
refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with
Keywords: Pitney Bowes, Salt Lake City , Vice President Chief Risk Officer, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!