Director, Global Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing Technologies NV
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Why engineering at Stryker?At Stryker we are dedicated to
improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new
medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be
proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge
technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a
supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent
people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You
will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that
supports your personal and professional development.Need another
reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's
are proud to be named one of the Worlds Best Workplaces and a Best
Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our
award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comOur benefits
include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits;
retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family
and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs;
onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs;
and service and performance awards not to mention various social
and recreational activities.Job TitleDirector, Global Engineering &
Advanced Manufacturing Technologies NV (GG15)Reports ToVP,
Divisional Operations, NeurovascularPosition requirementsThe Global
Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing Lead, in partnership with the
NV leadership team, will be primarily responsible for driving a
culture of manufacturing excellence & growth, & developing a
strategy for business transformation through automation and
advancing manufacturing technologies, for the NV
business.Responsible for cultural change & leadership in the
implementation of manufacturing transformation. Work is performed
without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in
determining the technical objectives.Position RequirementsWill work
within the Neurovascalur manufacturing leadership team, with
responsibility including, but not limited to the following:
- Lead development of a detailed manufacturing excellence
strategy for the neurovascular business, in partnership with the
- Will act as the Automation leader, influencing the development
of manufacturing strategy and leading the advancement of
manufacturing solutions across the business.
- Focus on delivering best-in-class automation solutions for the
business, developing automation/ digital solutions and associated
business cases leveraging industry and sites capabilities.
- Drive high levels of employee engagement through a cultural
change & inclusion in the ManuEx journey.
- Advocate of Industry 4.0 and Future Factory Initiatives, bias
towards future-proofing the business by developing automation
strategy and roadmaps leveraging current and emerging technologies
to keep pace with ever-changing business models.
- Partnering with R&D on new product introductions with a
view to launching advanced manufacturing processes & automation
while meeting the needs & timelines for customer focus
- Develop innovative process excellence solutions to complex
business & technology challenges where analysis of situations or
data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Will identify automation engineering projects across the global
network that will increase customer value through either improved
quality, capacity or cost. Identifies and implements opportunities
to reduce manufacturing complexity.
- Presents to GQO & division leadership with proposals on
automation and innovative solutions with specific focus on quality,
yield, reliability and cost comparisons of various options &
- Is responsible for leading a global team of automation
associates, building a team of creative, industrious individuals
who will thrive in an environment of advancing manufacturing
- Responsible for the technical and professional development of
the team, and ensuring the requisite resources and skill sets are
available and developed to meet current and future business
- Oversight and leadership of activities of a technical/automated
manufacturing nature involving the analysis and modification of
- Provides the necessary technical support and coordination of
equipment design, development, build, installation,
commissioning/validation and sustaining to world class O.E.E.
- Ensure that automated manufacturing programs are completed on
time and on budget.
- Assume the role of technical & cultural mentor for various
- Will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound
application of principles, delivery to strategic intent and the
appropriate use of practices and tools.
- Develop a support and competence network of partnership across
the organisation, academia and industry to enhance understanding of
delivery of CI, Digitilisation, Automation & Manufacturing
Excellence.Qualification Knowledge Skills
- B.S in Engineering , Science, Business or other related
discipline with 12 or more years experience; or related masters
degree with 8 or more years of experience; or PhD with 6 or more
years of experience may also be desirable.
- Broad based business experience in high performance
multi-national enterprise, at least 10 years of which has been
spent in operations and/or technical leadership level in Medical
Device or other highly regulated industries very advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience leading/ deploying ManuEx initiatives
and coaching at site /functional level.
- Digitilastion and automation experience / exposure required.
Sound capability to understand concepts and approaches in
facilitating strong leadership expected.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement global
strategies. Initiates, sponsors and implements change with a
demonstrated track record.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and
collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open
minded with the ability to recognise good ideas. Strong capability
to network and influence at all organisation levels.
- Good financial acumen. Demonstrated ability and evidence of
adhereing to project and functional budgets. Demonstrated
initiative in cost reduction and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in an operations
environment; ability to quickly gain respect of and support from
site leadership team, operators and fellow technical leaders
- Must be able to work in a team & individual environments,
interacting effectively at all levels, and across all functions
with ability to develop organisational relationship and build
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and sound decisions,
through effective approaches for choosing a course of action or
developing appropriate solutions. Works with a sense of urgency at
- Must be highly organized and disciplined and be able to
demonstrate their ability to meet deadlines. Demonstrated
Initiative & applied knowledge of project management tools and
- Strong in critical thinking and "outside the box"
- Travel will be required.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, influencing,
verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the
proven ability to teach and coach others. Must be comfortable
presenting at all levels of the organization.Know someone at
Stryker?Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to
applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About
StrykerStryker is one of the worlds leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.We are proud to be
named one of the Worlds Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Keywords: Stryker, Salt Lake City , Director, Global Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing Technologies NV, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!