Posted on: September 25, 2022
WHY HOMESTEAD? The iconic Homestead located in Midway, Utah
provides an approachable luxury hospitality experience and offers
each guest the opportunity to return to a more nostalgic time,
creating an authentic and enriching experience that cannot be
duplicated complete with newly renovated accommodations, peaceful
conference facilities, an 18-hole championship golf course,
outstanding cuisine, and boundless recreation amidst classic
architecture and an inspiring atmosphere nestled in the natural
beauty of the Heber Valley. Homestead has been built on rich
tradition and history for over 100 years! To add to this tradition
and history, we are looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented
Housekeeping Manager who will deliver impeccable levels of
cleanliness standards, upkeep, and safety to enhance guest
experiences through exemplary service and attentiveness. If your
passion is creating hospitable and memorable experiences while
taking part in a rewarding work culture and environment, come join
our team! JOB SUMMARY The Housekeeping Manager coordinates all
functions of the Housekeeping department and is responsible for
ensuring that all housekeeping activities are carried out
professionally, to standard, and at the highest level of service.
This motivated individualwill achieve desired outcomes through the
creation, development, and maintenance of a competent,
enthusiastic, and empowered staff and must demonstrate excellent
leadership, communication, and team building skills with
associates, peers, and across departments. The Housekeeping Manager
will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage, and provide
feedback to the housekeeping staff on a daily basis. CORE
- Manage and inspect work performed to ensure that it meets
specifications and established standards for cleaning of guest
rooms, public areas, and back of house.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that
services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Check equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in
order to determine the type of work required.
- Select the most suitable cleaning materials for different types
of linens, furniture, flooring, and surfaces.
- Instruct staff in work policies and procedures, and the use and
maintenance of equipment.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies and issue supplies
and equipment to workers.
- Forecast necessary levels of staffing and stock at different
times in order to facilitate effective scheduling and
- Evaluate employee performance and monitor the housekeeping
staff and their productivity and efficiency for the purpose of
recommending promotions or other changes in their status.
- Address and resolve performance and personnel problems, and
have knowledge to discuss company policies; handling of employee
complaints and grievances and disciplining them up to termination
- Establish and implement operational standards and procedures
for the department.
- Recommend changes that could improve service and increase
- Maintain required records of work hours, budgets, payrolls, and
- Screen job applicants and hire new employees.
- Supervise in-house services such as laundry.
- Advise the front office of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Perform financial tasks such as estimating costs and preparing
and managing budgets.
- Prepare activity and personnel reports, and reports containing
information such as occupancy, hours worked, facility usage, work
performed, and departmental expenses.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corrective
action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs,
development and implementation of SOPs, and health/sanitation
standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness
and guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure
appropriate protection of the hotel's guests, staff, and company
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas
of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping
operation. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Ability to meet standards of appearance.
- Communicate well with guests and set a positive example for
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings
and focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to use emotional intelligence to respond to and handle
guest challenges, issues, and complaints.
- Strive to improve and achieve service performance
Keywords: Homestead, Salt Lake City , HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER, Executive , Midway, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!