Safety and Regulatory Manager
Company: Megastar HR
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Safety and Regulatory Manager is responsible for ensuring
compliance with all state and federal regulatory requirements,
including DOT and OSHA regulations. Responsibilities include
conducting inspections of facilities, facilitating health and
safety training, and implementing policies and procedures that
minimize risk of accidents and injuries. The position also
investigates incident reports and liaises with insurance provider
to manage and resolve workers' compensation claims.
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local
requirements, including DOT and OSHA regulations.
* Document trainings, inspections, audits, and investigations, and
maintain records required for regulatory compliance.
*Inspections, Investigations, & Claims Management*
* Audit and analyze company health and safety policies, procedures,
and practices, and make recommendations for improvement.
* Routinely inspect facilities to identify safety and health
* Investigate accident and injury reports, and implement corrective
measures to minimize risk of further incidents.
* Work with insurance provider to manage workers' compensation
claims, including return to work, wage statements, and
*Training & Accountability*
* Drive a culture of safety and accountability, leading by example
and in collaboration with other leaders.
* Develop, deliver, and ensure completion of employee training,
covering health and safety protocols, emergency procedures, and
proper use of PPE, equipment, and machinery, according to
regulations and company policy.
* Support and hold leaders accountable for reporting incidents and
following through with corrective action as needed.
*Policy, Practices, & Procedural Improvements*
* Use safety and injury data to proactively improve safety and
regulatory controls, tracking, and logistical processes designed to
minimize, identify, eliminate, and control safety risks.
* Provide recommendations on the maintenance and repair of
equipment and machinery to minimize incident risk.
* Perform additional, related duties as needed.
*WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED*
* Minimum of 5 years of safety and regulatory experience,
preferably in a manufacturing and distribution environment
* Preferred: Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or
* Working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations
* Demonstratable experience in identifying potential areas of risk
and implementing proactive strategies for improvement
* Knowledge of the operation and handling of hazardous equipment
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and
* Ability to effectively train and respond to questions from
employees and leadership
* Ability to demonstrate good judgment and remain calm under
* Ability to lift and carry objects frequently up to 20 pounds,
occasionally up to 50 pounds, and rarely over 50 pounds.
*ABOUT THE COMPANY*
The company is a leading manufacturer in medical equipment. They
seek to be the best in their industry and will always strive to do
so by employing qualified and trained associates. They appreciate
each employee's contribution to developing high-quality products in
a safe production environment, and provide opportunities for growth
and development. _*The recruitment process is confidential at this
stage.*_If you are selected for advancement, the company name will
be disclosed later in the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Salt Lake City, UT 84104: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* EHS: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Megastar HR, Salt Lake City , Safety and Regulatory Manager, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!