Group Product Manager - Invest
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Who we are M1 is a personal finance platform made for the modern
era, uniting individual perspective with automated ease. Hundreds
of thousands of investors take control of their long-term wealth
with M1 and have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets.
As the Finance Super App---, we empower financial well-being with
all the tools to invest, borrow, and spend: low-cost borrowing,
high interest checking, and high cash back Visa - debit and credit
card rewards. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental
to overall well-being and strive to deliver products that are
simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our
competitors. We've been named a top app for investors including
2022 Best for Low Costs and Best for Sophisticated Investors by
Investopedia. As a fast-growing fintech company, we're looking for
talented and smart individuals who are excited about rethinking
what's possible with personal finance, invested in their personal
and professional growth, and take ownership of the work they want
to do - all while helping others create something meaningful and
sustainable for their futures. Our award-winning workplace culture
has been recognized by CB Insights (Top Fintech Companies of 2021),
the Chicago Tribune (2021 Top Workplace), and Built In Chicago
(2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago). We mean it when we say, "M1
is yours to build." If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we are looking for We're seeking an experienced Product
Manager to join our Invest "pod" of designers and engineers. Our
pods have the autonomy to devise and build solutions based on a
mission from our roadmap, and our product managers are responsible
for guiding them - we need someone with demonstrated leadership
experience who can command a data-driven and growth-oriented
approach to ensure success. A strong knowledge of investing,
personal finance, and fintech is a must to understand customer
needs and guide decision-making. We're looking for a strong leader
and strategizer who can have a huge impact and push our products
forward. What You'll Do
- Develop the product strategy for the best-in-class experiences
for the Invest Division products.
- Utilize data and customer insights to uncover opportunities to
improve consumer experiences and support business outcomes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand
competitive market and consumer needs to build high-impact product
- Lead discovery processes and assess opportunities with Design
and Engineer leads.
- Facilitate prioritization for your pod and be responsible for
setting and achieving measurable business outcomes.
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams, like marketing,
operations, customer support, engineering, and compliance.
- 7+ years of experience in product management in a fast-paced,
- Demonstrated experience driving product strategy for a complex
product in the B2C space with excellent results.
- Strong understanding of and interest in investing, personal
finance, and the fintech space. Prior experience in the industry is
a major plus.
- Ability to bring a business and analytical mindset to product
- Ability to coordinate with leadership to ensure the product
aligns with overall business goals.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and report on metrics across
- Adaptable, self-starter, goal-oriented, and growth-minded.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator. Our Values Our team
embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to
you - we'd love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver
immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too
will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is
on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own
everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a
difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than
succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the
costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make
everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and
seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who
always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We
achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own
and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with
our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act
according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold.
This trust must never be broken. Our Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym
Keywords: M1, Salt Lake City , Group Product Manager - Invest, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!