Nurse Manager Ortho Neuro at St. Mark's Hospital
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description Introduction Do you currently have an opportunity to
make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care
and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year,
nurses at St. Mark's Hospital have the opportunity to make a real
impact. As a Manager in the Ortho-Neuro Medical Surgical Unit you
can be a part of change. Benefits St. Mark's Hospital, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
Manager Ortho-Neuro Medical Surgical Unit. We want your knowledge
and expertise! Job Summary and Qualifications As the Nurse Manager
of Med/Surg Ortho/Neuro Unit you will be responsible for assisting
the Director with the planning, administering, and evaluating the
operations of the unit. We are looking for someone who has a
passion for creating an environment focused on providing excellent
care to patients and their families. In this Manager role:
- You will have experience with role modeling and sustaining
patient and family centered care and direct staff as they care for
patients and educate families.
- You will share accountability for the standards and scope of
nursing practice within the unit.
- You will work with the Director on department staffing; hiring,
evaluating, guiding, disciplining, and scheduling of staff.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
- You will develop and communicate a shared vision for the
department consistent with the hospitals vision.
- You will be skilled at identifying the strengths and weaknesses
of staff performance and work with them on training and development
- You will have the ability to effectively coordinate functions
with staff, physicians and other departments of the hospital with a
focus on throughput based on the patient s needs. Qualifications:
- Current Utah nursing license in good standing
- Bachelor s degree
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification.
- Basic Rhythm Interpretation Class required within six months of
- Minimum 2 years in a nursing supervisory position (including
Clinical Supervisor role) with minimum 3 years clinical experience
in an acute care nursing setting. This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved). For 150 years, St. Mark s Hospital has provided a
full-spectrum of healthcare services to Salt Lake City and its
surrounding communities. As Utah s first hospital, St. Mark s team
members uphold a rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality
care at our 308 plus bed hospital. St Mark s drives the development
of some of the regions finest clinical service areas such as
neurosciences, trauma, orthopedics, cardiac care and robotic
surgery. St. Mark s was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100
Top Hospitals list. This is the eighth time this hospital has been
recognized with this honor as one of the top performing Teaching
Hospitals in the U.S. St. Mark s has expanded emergen Please click
HERE to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Salt Lake City , Nurse Manager Ortho Neuro at St. Mark's Hospital, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!