Medical Director - MedVet Salt Lake City
Company: Connecticut Veterinary Medical Association
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
MedVet has an opportunity for a strong Medical Director (MD) at
our Salt Lake City hospital. Who You are:
- Have demonstrated leadership with a strong track record of
success during times of change, transformation and rapid
- Have at least 5-7 years of progressive growth and experience in
a veterinary healthcare organization.
- Have the capability to effectively manage conflict in highly
emotional situations with grace and maturity.
- Board-certified veterinary specialists, experienced ER DVM's,
DVM's with military leadership, DVM's with animal health
leadership, or DVM's with equivalent experience are ideal. About
Medical Directors at MedVet: We know that hospital leadership is
pivotal to our success. We leverage what we call a Dyad Model --
the hospital's MD works collaboratively with the Hospital Director
(HD) to lead the Healthcare Team. The MD, who reports to a Regional
Medical Director, is the local leader of Medical Services and
oversees all specialty and emergency doctors, as well as interns
and residents. The MD promotes a culture that supports development
of engaged and empowered employees, who deliver the MedVet
Experience in a healthy and sustainable manner while living
MedVet's core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion. The MD
partners with their dyad HD to improve and sustain MedVet's focus
on evaluating, planning, and implementing the delivery of
best-in-class healthcare to MedVet patients in support of our
mission - Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. Successful dyad
leadership provides representation of all employees, fosters
diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and
skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams. Key
- Foster a Culture that supports development of Engaged and
Empowered Employees as well as continuous improvement.
- In partnership with the Hospital Director, serves as an overall
leader for the hospital, directing both Emergency and Specialty
services (Dyad Leadership).
- Lead and direct the Medical Services teams in the hospital,
including doctor hiring, doctor onboarding, doctor development, and
management of doctor performance issues, partnering with Clinical
Services, HR, or other teams as needed. Continually evaluate hiring
needs and opportunities for growth of the practice, working in
partnership with the Medical Recruiting team.
- Responsible for managing overall department workflows, ensuring
that patient care is delivered in an efficient, safe, and
- Responsible for doctor scheduling, department meetings, and
other doctor-facing communications.
- Works with the Hospital Director to ensure the Clinical
Services team has the resources and tools to deliver high-quality
patient, client, and referral partner experience.
- Works with the Hospital Director to manage overall hospital
financial results, including inventory/supplies and other
- Work collaboratively with the HD, Regional Medical Director
(RMD), VP of Clinical services and Finance to Prepare and Manage
Hospital Budget and Capital Budget.
- Work with the RMD to Lead Operational Planning efforts and
execution for the hospital on an annual basis.
- Ensure Referral Partner relationships are strong and growing by
fostering a culture supportive of Referral Partner outreach and CE
activities. Ensures that doctors are doing the appropriate referral
partner outreach, and coaches them on how to effectively build
referral partner relationships so that they can grow their
- Oversee patient care issues, referral partner concerns, and
responses to client complaints, personally handling escalated
client and referral partner issues. Interacts with regulatory
boards as needed. Why join the team at MedVet Salt Lake City?
- In addition to 24/7 Emergency services, MedVet Salt Lake City
offers specialty services in Cardiology, Critical Care,
Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Neurology &
Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Radiology, and Surgery.
- We opened our beautiful, new 24,000-square-foot facility in
2020 and provide all the equipment and technology you need to give
exceptional patient care.
- You'll also have support from our highly skilled team of
veterinary professionals that includes some of the most talented,
compassionate, and experienced doctors in Utah.
- In early 2023, we'll be opening a Radiation Oncology department
which will include a brand-new Varian TrueBeam - linear
- Take a of MedVet Salt Lake City. Everything Starts with Our
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare
opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success
of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing
Bonus , Competitive Compensation , Shareholder Opportunity, Student
Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave .
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified
technicians, assistants, andclient service representatives is
committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give
and receive care . Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be
felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our
own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on
trust, respect, communication, and empathy. Why will you love
living in Salt Lake City? Salt Lake City features stunning views no
matter which direction you look with the Wasatch mountains to the
East, the Oquirrh Mountain Range to the West, and the picturesque
Great Salt Lake. From sunrise to sunset, there are breathtaking
views and endless opportunities to spend time outdoors. You're
within a day's drive to five spectacular national parks and just 45
minutes from world-class ski resorts. Voted one of the Friendliest
Cities in America, the hospitality is second to none with
award-winning dining and craft beer, a thriving arts scene, and
family-friendly attractions. For more information about MedVet,
please visit our website at or to submit a confidential CV , email
Carolyn Luther, DVM at There are more positions listed at . Moving
somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear
from you! Come as you are. MedVet is committed to creating a safe
and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us
to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on
merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and
abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Connecticut Veterinary Medical Association, Salt Lake City , Medical Director - MedVet Salt Lake City, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...