U-Haul Moving Center General Manager
Posted on: May 26, 2023
U-Haul Moving Center General Manager page is loaded U-Haul
Moving Center General Manager Apply locations Clearfield, Utah time
type Full time posted on Posted 5 Days Ago job requisition id
R166328 Location:1200 N Main St, Clearfield, Utah 84015 United
States of AmericaU-Haul is looking for a responsible, motivated and
thoughtful person to manage one of our moving and storage centers.
As General Manager you will be responsible for keeping your center
profitable and efficient by hiring effective staff, keeping track
of inventory and managing equipment. You will be solving problems
as they arise. Managing a U-Haul moving and storage center is
varied, fast-paced and rewarding work.Our motto is "Hire Fast, Pay
Fast." You can start today and get paid today! Schedule a hands-on
working interview and get paid for it. We also offer a $100 hiring
bonus! In addition, we offer a $300 cash bonus, paid immediately
upon completion of U-Haul Equipment Inspection and Verification
through our 1-2-3 Punch Certification Program at retail stores.
U-Haul offers General Managers:
- Full medical coverage, if eligible
- Prescription plans, if eligible
- Dental and vision plans
- Registered Dietitian Program, if eligible
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Weight Watchers, if eligible
- Virtual doctor visits
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free online courses for personal and professional development
at U-Haul University -
- Business-travel insurance
- You Matter Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days, if eligible
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Life insurance
- Critical illness/group accident coverage
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- MetLaw Legal Program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Mindset App Program
- Discounts on cell phone plans, hotels and more
- LifeLock identity theft protection
- Savvy consumer-wellness programs - from health-care tips to
- Dave Ramsey's SmartDollar Program
- U-Haul Federal Credit Union membershipGeneral Manager
- Manage the fleet to deliver clean and well-maintained
- Perform profit/loss analyses.
- Hire and mentor new team members.
- Track and itemize inventory.
- Manage the personnel budget.
- Ensure that customers receive the highest quality of care.
- Keep track of fuel receipts and petty cash.
- Clean and monitor the premises, and maintain a secure
- Participate in ongoing continuous U-Haul education through
U-Haul University.Minimum Requirements:
- 1-3 years of management experience in retail or another service
industry with responsibility for financial results and customer
- Computer expertise
- Organizational expertise
- Management proficiency in high-volume retail with profit and
loss (P&L) accountability
- Valid driver's license and the ability to maintain a good
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work weekends and holidaysWork Environment:The work
involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety
precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, fumes or
irritating chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing or
gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.Physical Demands:The
work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both
indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces,
repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50
lbs assisted or unassisted.U-Haul Holding Company, and its family
of companies including U-Haul International, Inc. ("U-Haul"),
continually strives to create a culture of health and wellness.
Consistent with applicable state law, U-Haul will not hire or
re-hire individuals who use nicotine products. The states in which
U-Haul will decline to hire nicotine users are: Alabama, Alaska,
Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa,
Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania,
Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington. U-Haul has observed
this hiring practice since February 1, 2020 as part of our
commitment to a healthy work environment for our team. U-Haul is an
equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other
basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local
law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for
applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a
need to know basis. About Us Since 1945, U-Haul has been serving
do-it-yourself movers and their households. Like many other
successful ventures, the concept for U-Haul was generated out of
need. After World War II, there existed the widespread need for
do-it-yourself moving equipment that would be available on a
one-way, nationwide basis. U-Haul co-founders L.S. "Sam" Shoen and
his wife, Anna Mary Carty Shoen, recognized that need and acted
upon it. Their visionary approach spread the cost of ownership
among many users, facilitating the mobility of the populations of
the U.S. and Canada. The covered wagon of the pioneers morphed into
orange U-Haul trailers. In the process, an industry was born.
Keywords: U-Haul, Salt Lake City , U-Haul Moving Center General Manager, Executive , Clearfield, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...