Category Manager I - Automation
Company: bioM--rieux SA
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Responsible for managing all sourcing activities for assigned areas
in accordance with the prescribed purchasing regulations,
processes, and procedures. Vet new suppliers and manage current
supplier base through evaluating and minimizing supplier risk, lead
contract negotiations, and serve as the liaison between supplier
and organization. Manage automation projects during supplier
assessment, negotiation, and award phases. Facilitate and aid
automation projects. Assist in the Quality Management System (QMS)
audits/site supplier visits to ensure relationship between both
companies will meet bioM--rieux's capacity requirements, cost
expectations, and quality standards.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within
the guidelines of bioM--rieux' Quality System. Adhere to Regulatory
requirements, -including FDA, ISO, Legal, Ethical and bioM--rieux
- Source a variety of raw materials, equipment, chemicals, and
services in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and
- Identify contract improvement opportunities and renegotiate. In
collaboration with Legal, prepare and lead supplier price, contract
and long term agreement negotiations.
- Contribute to collective effort by participating in
departmental or interdepartmental teams and engaging in that
exchange to improve purchasing functions.
- Design, lead and implement cost savings projects based on a
structured project/savings roadmap.
- Follow current Lean and Six Sigma, Kaizen Continuous
Improvement principles, and mentor those principles to
- Monitor and measure supplier performance per Purchasing Cost
Avoidance Plans (PCAP) to ensure company is receiving fair market
pricing by utilizing appropriate trends and reporting tools.
- Build supplier relationships through frequent and effective
communication of business, quality, and cost by interacting with
current suppliers, consistently seeking opportunities to improve
those partnerships to ensure a long-term positive relationship and
continue to seek out supplier talent for future opportunities.
- Effectively resolve disputes, hold crucial conversations and
recommend solutions to identify the root cause and correct problems
- Review departmental Standard Operating Procedure and Work
Instruction Documents for relevancy and accuracy.
- Facilitate Suppliers' Quarterly Business Reviews in collecting
and preparing for each review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some domestic and/or international travel may be required.
Qualifications Training and Education
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Or 8 Years of experience -in lieu of bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years' experience or advanced education,
particularly in project management or purchasing related role such
as sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing, or comparable role with
transferrable skills. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Functional experience with sourcing, selecting and qualifying
- Preparing and leading negotiations, planning and
- Contract management and legal awareness
- Strong leadership skills:
- Demonstrated ability to challenge, take ownership of issues, to
initiate actions, and to make effective decisions
- Capacity to coordinate and manage local Projects Buyers
- Winning and influencing, resilience, builds trust, makes
decisions and achieves results
- Managing multi-cultural interface
- Effective team member:
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change with team
members, and at all levels of the organization
- Collaborative skills to develop and implement sourcing
strategies cross-functionally and globally
- Knowledge of the medical industry or biotech is desired
- NAPM, APICS/ISM certification is a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Domestic travel required __15_ % of time
- International travel required __10_ % of time
- 50% of time working in office
- 50% of time working at home or traveling
Keywords: bioM--rieux SA, Salt Lake City , Category Manager I - Automation, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...