Company: MLee Healthcare
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Laboratory Director - (ASCP)
Full Time Opportunity
*Must be a licensed in Utah*
Job Summary:We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lab
Manager to join our team in North Utah. The Lab Manager will be
responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the laboratory,
managing laboratory staff, and ensuring that laboratory services
meet the needs of our clients. The ideal candidate will have a
strong background in laboratory management, excellent communication
and leadership skills, and a commitment to providing high-quality
- Direct and oversee the daily operations of the medical
laboratory services, including managing laboratory personnel and
overseeing the performance of all laboratory tests.
- Ensure that laboratory services meet all regulatory
requirements and maintain accreditation with applicable regulatory
agencies, such as the College of American Pathologists (CAP),
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and state health
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for laboratory
services to ensure accuracy, quality, and timeliness of test
results, and ensure compliance with hospital policies and
- Manage and optimize the use of laboratory equipment and
supplies, and ensure that they are well-maintained and properly
calibrated to ensure accurate test results.
- Monitor and manage the laboratory budget, including forecasting
and tracking expenses, negotiating vendor contracts, and
identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with physicians and other
clinical staff to ensure that laboratory services meet the needs of
the hospital's patients and clinical programs.
- Provide guidance and leadership to laboratory staff, including
hiring, training, and evaluating laboratory personnel, and
promoting a culture of continuous improvement and professional
- Work collaboratively with hospital leadership and other
department directors to identify opportunities for process
improvement and ensure the delivery of high-quality patient
- Participate in hospital committees and initiatives as needed,
such as infection control, quality improvement, and patient
- Stay current with advances in laboratory technology and trends
in the healthcare industry, and apply this knowledge to improve
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field
required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of laboratory management experience
required, preferably in an acute care hospital setting.
- Must be certified as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical
Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society of Clinical
Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent certifying agency.
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, such as CAP, CLIA, and
state health department requirements, and experience with
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to
motivate and develop staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to work collaboratively with physicians, clinical staff,
and hospital leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a
fast-paced environment, and to identify and implement process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to
detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of laboratory information systems and
other relevant technology.
*Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits package included* To
take the first step towards your new opportunity, please send
resume below:Mia Simonton - Healthcare RecruiterPh: 917.791.2000mia
Keywords: MLee Healthcare, Salt Lake City , Laboratory Director, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...