Senior Manager, R&D Engineering
Company: Stryker Corporation
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Senior Manager, R&D Engineering page is loaded Senior
Manager, R&D Engineering Apply locations Salt Lake City, Utah
time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id
R497462 Work Flexibility: Hybrid or Onsite Job Description: Stryker
is seeking to hire a Senior Manager, R&D Engineering to support
Stryker's Neurovascular Division. This role will support the New
Product Engineering team. This role is hybrid, working 2-3 days per
week in the office, at our Salt Lake City, UT location.WHO WE
- Managers who drive performance. People who implement process
improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently
increase performance and productivity.
- Talent Developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and
hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other
teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional
- Subject matter experts. Managers who not only oversee the
collection, review, and analysis of data but can interpret,
translate, and present on all various matters as needed. WHAT YOU
WILL DO:As a Senior Manager, R&D Engineering, you will provide
leadership and direction to the New Product Engineering team while
ensuring compliance to global medical device regulations. With your
team, you will identify, develop, and scale-up strategy for laser
technologies. You will be responsible for building, developing, and
managing the performance of engineers. Responsibilities of the role
- Identify new strategies and projects for the investigation,
design, and implementation of new or improved products and/or
applications for laser cutting technologies.
- Through self and staff, identify future technology and
intellectual property critical to future business growth and drives
- Drive technical projects and programs of major magnitude and
scope. Follow, and provide leadership in developing, design control
and quality system requirements (specifically for laser
- Establish internal contacts across Stryker and external
contacts for industry laser cutting technology specialists. For
self and staff, ensure sharing of initiatives/ideas and
accomplishments across the divisions.
- Provide significant guidance and approval regarding technical
strategies and approaches.
- Provide guidance and training to staff, assist subordinates in
attaining career goals, motivate individuals to achieve results,
and recruit & maintain a high quality staff.
- Drive the development of department tools and methodologies for
sustaining laser technologies.
- Work cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous
improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the
appropriate regulations for the area they support. -
- Lead strategy development for Process and Product Development
and participatory role for Global Quality & Operations (GQO)
partner(s). Communication channel to/from GQO in working through
laser scale-up strategy.
- Manage execution of the Process & Technology Development
functional deliverables associated with the Technology Development
Projects, Product Development Projects, Project Management, and
Quality Systems.WHAT YOU NEED:Required:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical
Engineering, or applicable technical field.
- 10+ years of experience in device/process design & development
(including laser technology applications experience).Preferred:
- M.S. or/and Ph.D. in Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of laser applications experience.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Medical device or regulated industry experience.Travel
Percentage: 30%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. Stryker Corporation will not discharge or
in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees
who have access to the compensation information of other employees
or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Salt Lake City , Senior Manager, R&D Engineering, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...