Engineering Project Manager IV/V
Company: bioM--rieux SA
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description We are looking for an Engineering Project Manager to
join our team. The Engineering Project Manager will work with a
team of engineers to accomplish the engineering deliverables for a
project. As required, they will also coordinate with individuals
from other functional teams (Program Management, Chemistry,
Software, Production, Quality, Materials Management, Tech Transfer
and Purchasing).This individual leads various project teams within
the Engineering department. His/her main responsibility is to
ensure that assigned projects are completed on schedule and meet
quality objectives. This individual develops project plans, sets
schedules, secures resources, makes technical decisions as
necessary, provides status reports, and ensures all project
documentation is completed in accordance with BFDX's Quality
System. This individual is expected to work and communicate well
with team members, other departments, and Executive Management to
meet the goals of assigned projects.Principal Job Duties and
- Performs all work in compliance with company policy and within
the guidelines of the BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Develops project plans, including scheduling and milestones.
Maintains these plans and schedules, updating as necessary.
- Works with other Engineering Project Managers and Engineering
Management to allocate resources for projects.
- Provides recurring project updates to Management and other
- Manages and trains multi-discipline engineering project
- Communicates with team members and disseminates project
- Manages roles and responsibilities of team members, ensuring
all engineers understand their role and the interdependencies
within the project team
- Motivates team members and provides incentives and morale
boosters as necessary
- Ensures projects are developed to BFDX's design control
- Maintains project Design History File and ensure all
documentation meets project and team needs and is completed in
accordance with BFDX's Quality System.
- Provides technical oversight of projects, and makes technical
decisions as necessary to keep the project on schedule.
- Receives oversight from an Engineering Project Manager IV or
above. Mentors other engineers and more junior Engineering Project
- Project Scope
- Design History File
- Task Assignment
- Technical decisionsPrincipal Decisions:
- Project timelines (based on available resources) and task
- Project resource allocation
- Technical decisions as neededSupplemental Data
- This position does not have any direct reporting employees. The
position does require supervising team members to ensure project
work is completed on schedule and at acceptable quality levels.
Teams may include engineers from EE, ME, and FW.
- This position includes managing projects of moderate to
difficult scope and complexity.
- Minimal travel may be required.Qualifications Training and
Education:Bachelor's degree or higher required in Engineering or
Management. Project Management certification
preferred.ExperienceEngineering PM IVRequired
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering, and/or
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industryEngineering
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, and/or project
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industrySkills
- Project Management
- Excellent planning
- Personnel management
- Communication, within the team and among departments
- Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Gantt ChartsPhysical RequirementsIndividual must be able to
safely lift 60 lbs.
Keywords: bioM--rieux SA, Salt Lake City , Engineering Project Manager IV/V, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!