Audit Project Manager - SLC, Denver, Phoenix or Las Vegas - Hybrid Schedule
Company: Zions Bancorporation
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation's premier financial
services companies operating as a collection of great banks under
local brands and management teams in high-growth western markets.
Zions is regularly recognized by American Banker as one of the
"Best Banks to Work For" and as having a top banking team in its
list of "The Most Powerful Women in Banking." Our customers
consistently vote us as the best bank in our local markets., We
value our employees, and we are committed to search out, recognize
and create fulfilling opportunities for outstanding people within
our organization, rewarding them for their contributions to our
success. We recognize that banking is a "local" business, and that
to be successful, we must have very strong ties to the communities
we serve and strong relationships with our customers. With benefits
starting on day one, 12 bank holidays, profit sharing and
company-matched 401(k) contributions, Zions is dedicated to being
an employer of choice in our communities. At Zions, the
possibilities are endless. You bring the talent; we bring the
opportunity. We are seeking Auditor Project Manager that has career
aspirations of building a long-term career within our company. The
ideal candidate will have high growth potential demonstrated
through increasingly challenging leadership assignments over the
last 4 to 6 years either in a professional or academic setting. He
or she will strengthen his or her ability to discern important
risks, to influence the bank's response to risk, and deepen his or
her knowledge of the bank's products and services. This role offers
a 3/2 Hybrid work schedule and may be in Salt Lake City, Phoenix,
Denver, Houston, or Las Vegas. Zions Audit department is to provide
independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed
to add value and improve Zions Bancorporation operations. The
function of Internal Audit is to act as a partner with the groups
we audit, providing third-party objective insights, suggestions and
critique for long-term betterment of the group and Zions
Bancorporation as a whole. This position is part of the Operations
audit team with audit coverage over the governance and oversight
functions of the Deposit and Payments group, which includes 18
various business functions, such as Wire Operations, Private
Banking, ACH, Call Center, Deposit Operations, Bank Operations,
etc. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in
risk-based audit approach, critical thinking, compliance, or
control testing. Additionally, the ideal candidate will bring
energy and communication skills to a dynamic role within the team,
will be able to adequately document testing and audit findings, and
will take ownership of their assignments. Roles and
responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and execute tests of management's key controls.
- Develop risk-based audit strategies and execute tests to
validate control effectiveness and risk mitigation.
- Consult on risk mitigation strategies and control
- Review and validate remediation plans and escalate emerging
- Create documents that are thorough and complete.
- Document audit testing, results, and conclusions.
- Develop data analysis and continuous auditing strategies.
- Present audit conclusions to senior management.
Acts as the Lead Auditor on audits and reviews.
- Ability to travel, if necessary. Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working as a team member and
engaging the diverse strengths of colleagues.
- Generates innovative ideas, solutions, and new perspectives in
reaction to issues; is open to challenging current processes and
- Manages multiple priorities and competing demands and addresses
obstacles preventing the work from moving forward. Identifies
symptoms indicating problems and accurately differentiates the
problems from the symptoms.
- Recognizes when new information or concepts are relevant,
understands the implications, and appropriately incorporates all
new inputs into current thinking.
- Encourages others to examine current problems and processes,
and to look at them in new ways that might lead to significant
- Establishes effective working relationships.
- Writes clear and concise reports.
- Strong decision making, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- Previous experience in operations, banking, deposits/payments,
accounting, or compliance a plus.
- 4+ years of audit experience preferably in the financial
- Data analysis experience Certification (CIA, CPA, CRMA, CFE or
CAMS) The position is eligible to earn a base salary in the range
of $85,000 to $110,000 annually depending on job-elated factors,
such as level of experience and location.Illusion
Keywords: Zions Bancorporation, Salt Lake City , Audit Project Manager - SLC, Denver, Phoenix or Las Vegas - Hybrid Schedule, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!