Area Sales Director
Company: Clean Harbors
Location: North Salt Lake
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Safety-Kleen is seeking an Area Sales Director to join our winning
sales team. The Area Sales Director is responsible to grow the
territory, maintain revenues / customers, and manage / coach all
the Account Managers within the assigned district.
This position will oversee the Mountain Region and the preference
is that the individual sit in Utah or Colorado.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and
acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Hire, train, lead and coach sales team with setting account
strategies, creating sales plans, developing proposals, negotiating
contracts, and assisting with key customer accounts, as
- Create and manage sales territories;.
- Leverage an understanding of the local business environment to
support the development of sales and marketing plans in alignment
with the Regional strategy.
- Manage the overall business portfolio to maximize territory
- Develop local sales support tools and customer campaigns.
- Responsible for selling the Technical Services field and Safety
Kleen Lines of Business.
- Understand market and competitor activity and respond
- Meet weekly with DVP to discuss district sales performance;
take initiatives to incentivize cross and upsell.
- Ensure customer satisfaction; promote communication and
coordination between operations and customer service to deliver
exceptional service to clients.
- Handle disputes and conflicts and troubleshoot with clients
- Actively participate in the development, growth, and retention
of the top branch accounts.
- Develop sales force skills by evaluating sales team
- Drive CRM/Salesforce usage - manage pipeline and revenue and
- 7+ years of outside sales experience in an environmental
services, waste management, site services, or similar industry
- 5+ years of directly managing a geographically diverse staff
with sales and revenue responsibilities.
- Proven knowledge of environmental policy, regulations, and
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent additional
- Business acumen, including budgeting and forecasting
- Successful track record in account management and
- Prior experience using CRM software tools to manage customers,
territory, sales quotas and reporting - Salesforce experience
- Customer relationship management and negotiating skills.
- Training and presentation skills.
- Previous experience with interviewing, hiring, developing and
- Strong technical skills to include Microsoft Office
- Ability to work through conflict management and settle disputes
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written
- Motivation and team building skills.
- Ability to set clear objectives and measurements.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Time management skills with strong ability to plan tasks and
- Integrity and reliability.
- Ability to travel 50%+.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to
excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire
business model revolves around keeping North American businesses
green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a
world-class environmental service organization and market leader in
industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology,
and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used
motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in
North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million
gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their
waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint.
PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.---
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our
company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit
us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis
of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military &
Veteran friendly company.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Salt Lake City , Area Sales Director, Executive , North Salt Lake, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!