Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Job Description:Looking for an individual who deeply cares about
end-to-end resiliency and performance of customer transactions that
are critical to Fidelity's competitiveness and reputation. This
expert engineer will work closely with developers and architects
across the firm influencing development of reliable products,
standardization of common solutions and patterns, and adoption of
resiliency and dependability principles.The individual will be a
strategic thinker with keen eye for details, a problem finder and
solver who is dedicated to engineering excellence, a driver of new
paradigms, a leader encouraging new ideas and friendships, a change
agent who makes tradeoffs, and a data-driven decision-maker with a
flexible mentality. They will transcend organizational boundaries
wearing customer's hat and provide well-rounded perspective to
application teams.The Expertise You Have and The Skills You
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology related field (e.g.
Engineering, Computer Science, or Data Science) required, Master's
degree a plus
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in crafting, developing, and
supporting critically important solutions in multiple technology
platforms, frameworks, and languages.
- Hands-on experience with Development in Public Cloud
environments, preferably AWS and Azure. Certifications a plus.
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration, preferably
- Experience operating and implementing distributed & highly
concurrent service-based architectures, including microservices,
containerized services, and/or serverless architectures
- Subject matter expertise in products that operate at boundaries
of disparate technology platforms.
- Proven experience in developing transaction paths that span
across cloud and on-prem.
- Demonstrated and extensive knowledge of APIs, microservice
architecture, gateways, and routers.
- Believes in and practices personal influence over positional
- Bridges the gap between lofty architecture ideas and
development of feasible solutions.
- Facilitates discussions among component owners to improve
end-to-end understanding of transaction paths.
- Provides consulting to architects and developers on common
patterns and tactical, reusable solutions.
- Influences adoption of stability principles by presenting facts
- Drives operational readiness discussions and reviews of new
solutions and products.
- Develops frameworks for self-assessment of applications on
various stability and dependability pillars.
- Challenges long and widely held assumptions without
disregarding historical rationale.
- Selectively preserves and shares collective memory and
successes of past.
- Mentality of continuous learning and experimentation.
Instinctive urge to improve current state by finding problems and
recommending feasible solutions.The Value You Deliver
- Brings holistic and customer-centric perspectives during new
development or re-architecture of products spanning across
- Develops knowledge hubs such as E2E topology diagrams that
improve the efficiency of development and operations teams.
- Drives adoption of industry and Fidelity SRE practices across
diverse applications and platforms.
- Can generate high value insights from Observability,
Performance and other SRE data tied to applications involved in
high-severity complex incidents.Certifications:Company
OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company with a
mission -to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. -We
help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies
and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their
employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors
with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own
clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll find endless
opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts
peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible
benefits that support you through every stage of your career,
empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a -, we
have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in
2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at
Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can
build the career you've always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is
for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both
personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through
what we're calling "". Most associates will have a hybrid schedule
with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for
at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These
requirements are subject to change.We invite you to -Find Your
Fidelity -at -.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity
employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract,
develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring
culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will reasonably
accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to
participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a
request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by
sending an email to -, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option
3.At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our
associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry.
Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary
credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are
presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a
background investigation and may be asked to provide additional
documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not
limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review,
employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These
investigations will account for 7 years or more of history,
depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law,
Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will
review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana),
cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.
We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Software
Developer, Computer Technician, and Computer User Support
Specialist and others in the Computers and Technology to
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Salt Lake City , Director, Site Reliability Engineering, Executive , Centerville, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!