Company: Ingersoll Rand
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
Trane in Salt Lake City is looking for a Controls Account Manager
to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for
developing trusting customer relationships and maximizing account
share and customer retention with building owner accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other functions may be assigned.
Strategic Account Management
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing
HVAC controls related solutions for the customer's problems,
including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers
and to develop specific action plans to grow identified
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market
opportunities. Assembles and coordinates acquisition team as needed
for customers and projects.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate
sales process, identifying the required sales team members, making
assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences in the
customer's organization, including facility manager, project
managers, project engineers, and purchasing.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to
identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to
facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- This role will include managing existing accounts and
prospecting for new accounts.
Tactical Account Management
- Provides quotes for service repairs, change outs, and energy
solutions including quotes for time and material as well as fixed
- Contacts responsible parties for purposes of securing renewal
of service contracts.
- Prepares and submits required management activity reports.
- Collects project data and compares to the office's
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs
facility walk?through to determine level of opportunity.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with
- Estimates project by analyzing and integrating equipment,
controls, subcontractors, and services for each project using Trane
- Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
- Prepares and finalizes preliminary/final proposal. Enters
customer/project information into business systems.
- Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares, negotiates, and reviews agreement/project scope.
- Presents/reviews proposal and/or contract with all buying
influences negotiating scope of agreement/project.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project
readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC
controls, Trane Products, and relevant industry issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or
business management or equivalent and two to five years experience
in facilities or HVAC systems; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Working knowledge of HVAC controls, service agreements, and
Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, contracts, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of
technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to
walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard, and
telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment with visits to
other offices, plants, and job sites. Frequent outdoor travel is
required to visit customers. During visits to job sites, the
employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts,
extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Salt Lake City , Account Manager-Controls, Executive , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!