Horticulturist (Temporary)-Sheriff's Office
Company: Salt Lake County
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Four (4) years of related experience in horticulture, agriculture,
and/or landscape design.
A pesticide applicator license and ServSafe certification must be
obtained within three (3) months of hire date.
- Supervises and instruct prisoner workers participating in the
- Designs, develops and administers the agriculture plans for the
- Manages day-to-day operational activities in the Jail
- Works cooperatively with program stakeholders and
- Researches and develop educational opportunities for prisoner
workers and the public.
- Facilitates Jail Garden tours for stakeholders and the
- Manages public produce sales and other related events.
- Tracks resource use and garden production information.
- Instructs Food Handlers Permit classes to prisoner
- Generates statistical data and progress reports.
An "At Will", FLSA non-exempt employee who is not eligible for
County benefits and who must work an average of 29 hours or less
per week or an average of 129 hours or less per month.
- Must workan average of29 hours or less per week oran average
of129 hours or less per month.
- Are not eligible for County benefits except as otherwise
provided for by policy.
- Are not considered merit employees.
- Are "at will" employees who may be terminated for any reason,
without notice, and without a pre-termination hearing.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position requires direct contact with prisoner workers at the
Salt Lake County Jail, a lock-down facility, and may be exposed to
stress related to working in a jail environment.
Time will be spent in office, classroom, garden and public
settings. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS POSITION
This position is required to work with prisoners at both the Salt
Lake County Metro and Oxbow Jails. and frequently attend the
Downtown Farmer's Market.
May be required to work weekends and evenings.
This position, while temporary and part-time, will remain employed
long-term as funding is available.
Keywords: Salt Lake County, Salt Lake City , Horticulturist (Temporary)-Sheriff's Office, Government & Protective Services , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!