Administrative Asst II - American Fork Hospital
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Location: American Fork
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job ID:244845Greater Provo areaDetails:About UsBeing a part of
Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over
37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled
with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our
mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.Our
patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.To find out
more about us, head to our career site here .Job DescriptionThe
Administrative Assistant II provides and oversees a wide variety of
clerical and specialized administrative functions generally of a
critical or confidential nature for multiple managers / physicians,
multiple departments, multiple sites, or multiple functions and may
be assigned administrative / support related projects that are
moderate in scope and complexity. This role is assigned to those
with a primary responsibility to provide administrative support
such as preparing and composing correspondence, memoranda, reports,
etc. This position screens telephone calls, receives and directs
visitors, resolves routine inquiries, schedules and maintains
calendar of appointments and schedules, sets up meetings and travel
itineraries and coordinates related arrangements, prepares and
distributes minutes of meetings, and operates a personal computer
and appropriate software to create documents, presentations, etc.
May assist in department programs, projects, and
processes.Essential Job DutiesThe Administrative Assistant II
performs a majority of the following job essentials:
- 1. Performs a variety of clerical functions, assisting
management in planning, organizing, implementing, and accomplishing
department day-to-day functions and goals. Makes interpretations
and recommendations. May develop appropriate methods to handle
- 2. Greets customers, receives and screens incoming calls,
answers routine inquiries, and routes calls to appropriate
individual in a courteous and efficient manner.
- 3. Distributes, educates, and explains processes and paperwork
to patients and/or customers. Responds to requests for information
and appropriately releases information based on policy, ensuring
customer requests and work assignments are prioritized and
completed correctly and efficiently.
- 4. Collects information, compiles data from one or more
sources, searches and investigates information, and makes and
checks routine calculations for specified forms, report formats,
presentations, or other documents requiring specific knowledge of
functional operations. Proof-reads and completes documents,
checking for accuracy. Coordinates collection and preparation of
- 5. Enters data and manages information in a database. Maintains
complex files and records. Maintains and updates department
resources and tools such as employee lists, referral lists, phone
lists, organizational charts, or other department information.
- 6. May assist in financial or budget information or
preparation. Prepares analyses of information or data.
- 7. Types memos, correspondence, forms, reports, and other
documents from rough drafts using professional business writing
standards. May prepare first draft.
- 8. Prepares, sends, sorts, and distributes mail.
- 9. Utilizes and provides basic maintenance for all office
equipment including computers, scanners, phones, fax machines,
printers and copiers. Ensures the office equipment and facility /
work area is in proper working condition. Contacts the appropriate
service provider (i.e. housekeeping, computer support or office
equipment vendor) to resolve any issues that arise. Coordinates
regular maintenance as needed.
- 10. Prioritizes and manages leaders' calendars to ensure
business objectives are met. Schedules and confirms appointments,
meetings, and travel arrangements. Uses judgment in matters
affecting supervisor's calendar.
- 11. Provides support for meetings including preparing agendas,
reserving rooms, sending appointments, coordinating catering,
recording and distributing minutes. Sets up and trouble shoots
phone, video, and web conferencing effectively.
- 12. Orders, stocks, monitors, and maintains adequate office and
other supply inventory levels.
- 13. Independently investigates assigned problems, determining
method of research, data and information requirements as well as
- 14. Tactfully handles difficult situations with staff and
customers while remaining positive and professional. When needed,
escalates issues to the appropriate staff member.
- 15. May provide medical transcription for clinical staff.
Transcribes medical reports.
- 16. May act as a timekeeper and ensures timely and accurate
submission of payroll information.
- 17. May complete accounts payable, billing, and purchasing
processes according to policy.
- 18. May screen and interview job applicants, and orient new
- Entry Rate: $17.89 or more, depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time - 36 hours per week
- Department: Administration - American Fork Hospital
- Additional Details: Monday-Friday, normal business hoursMinimum
- Two years of experience using advanced computer skills (e.g.,
complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and
graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports, creating
presentations, and using multimedia content).
- Two years of experience working in an office setting, working
in a clerical position with keyboarding and data entry
responsibilities, or working in customer service.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and
other English language skills.
- Basic math skills.Physical Requirements
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate
as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including
manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform
work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.Preferred
- Post high school education such as college courses or trade
school courses with business or computer subject matter
- Leadership experience (e.g., providing training to others on
their job duties, coordinating the work of others, coordinating
projects, acting as a team lead, and directly supervising
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Medical terminology experience.
- Three years of experience with medical transcription.Please
NoteAll positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain
Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,
ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability
and/or genetic information.Additional Details:Working Hours
36Primary Work Location American Fork HospitalExpertise Clerical /
Secretarial / Business Office SupportJob Type Full TimeLocation
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City , Administrative Asst II - American Fork Hospital, Healthcare , American Fork, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!