Respiratory Therapist PRN
Company: St. Mark's Hospital
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Respiratory Therapist - PRNSt. Mark's Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of
healthcare services as a Respiratory Therapist. As a Respiratory
Therapist you will be will be joining a team that is dedicated to
serving others in need and also supporting one another. In this
- You will assess patients and recommend care plans and treatment
- You will implement and maintain BiPAP/CPAP, pressure
control/high frequency jet ventilation, and mechanical ventilation
for patients as directed.
- You will maintain patient airways by suctioning, positioning,
securing endotracheal and tracheostomy tubes, changing tracheostomy
tubes, and intubating in designated circumstances.
- You will obtain blood from arterial and pulmonary artery
catheters and by arteriotomy.
- You will provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency
care to unstable patients when needed.
- You will provide education to students, new therapists, and
other personnel as appropriate.
- You will give excellent care to our neonate, infant, pediatric,
adult, and geriatric patients. For the past 145 years, St. Mark-'s
Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services to
Salt Lake City and its surrounding communities. As Utah-'s first
hospital, St. Mark-'s team members uphold a rich tradition of
patient-centered, top-quality care. With 317 patient beds and 1,500
employees and volunteers, St. Mark-'s thrives on treating patients
as if they-'re family. Such compassionate care is achieved by
collaboration, kindness and state-of-the-art care. St. Mark-'s is
part of HCA-'s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals,
outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and
St. Mark-'s are all about caring for people, and that care extends
to patients, families and employees. If you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of
our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the
Committee on Accreditation of Respiratory Care Education
- Maintain 10 hours of continuing education per year.
- Current Utah Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- RRT through the NBRC within 6 months of hire.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within 6 months of
hire and NRP if core NICU.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification within 6
months of hire.
- Critical Care experience preferred. ACLS/NRP for adult/neonatal
clinicians respectively within six months of hire.
Notice Our Company-'s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking . For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: St. Mark's Hospital, Salt Lake City , Respiratory Therapist PRN, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!