Paramedic - Emergency Department
Company: University of Utah Medical Group
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Overview As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah
Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people
through patient care, research and education. Success in this
mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence,
leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that
are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration,
innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust
that are integral to our mission. EO/AA This position is
responsible for providing both basic and advanced life support to
patients in an efficient, knowledgeable and cost effective manner,
which is accurately documented and properly coordinated with other
healthcare personnel. This position may be required to access and
administer medications within their scope of practice and according
to state law. Corporate Overview: The University of Utah is a Level
1 Trauma Center and is nationally ranked and recognized for our
academic research, quality standards and overall patient
experience. Our four hospitals and seventeen clinics provide
excellence in our comprehensive services, medical advancement, and
overall patient outcomes. Responsibilities
- Prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures
according to departmental procedures.
- Plans, evaluates and implements interventions for solving
patient care problems according to needs and established
- Obtains and records patient temperatures, pulse rates, blood
pressure, weight and height measurements and places patient on
pulse oximetry and cardiac monitors as per department protocols, or
- Reports all observed or verbalized patient concerns and changes
in condition to a member of the nursing or physician staff.
- Accompanies providers examining patients in examination rooms
as needed and/or assists physicians/licensed staff with
- Performs delegated procedures under the direct supervision of a
licensed staff member.
- Respond to Rapid Response calls, as assigned.
- Provides written support documentation for transports and may
transport patients to inpatient and procedure areas as
- May perform phlebotomy in accordance with department procedures
and physician orders after specialized training.
- Provides in-patient I.V. (including US I.V) services as
- Trains and assists new staff.
- Performs daily equipment checklist with documentation and
cleans and stocks the department. Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth
and development and the ability to assess data regarding the
patient's status and provide care as described in the department's
policies and procedures manual.
- Ability to maintain all department and organization-required
training by expected due dates as outlined by the organization's
annual education plan and policy.
- Demonstrated competency with a variety of equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to function calmly and competently in high
- Ability to function during regularly scheduled 12 hour or
- Ability to deal with the hazards involved in assessing and
providing care to patients.
- Ability to lift and carry various weight and diameters of
- Ability to attend and complete hospital and department
mandatory in-services. Qualifications Qualifications Licenses
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider ALS eCredential through the
University of Utah Health RQI system. The ALS eCredential is to be
obtained within 90 days of hire
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the
University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be
obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Current certification to practice as a Paramedic in the State
- Current RQI Healthcare Provider PALS eCredential through the
University of Utah Health RQI system. The PALS eCredential is to be
obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring
department. Qualifications (Preferred) Working Conditions and
Physical Demands Employee must be able to meet the following
requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intensive work that may exert up to 100
pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling or otherwise moving objects such as medical equipment or
patients while providing medical care. Physical Requirements
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Crawling, Far Vision,
Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or
Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and
Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
Keywords: University of Utah Medical Group, Salt Lake City , Paramedic - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!