Laboratory Technologist I or II - Quality Control (Night Shift)
Company: BioFire Diagnostics, LLC
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionAt BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a
healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the
time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to
make better diagnostic decisions.We are proud to be part of the
bioM--rieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and
subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save
lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.Come be a
part of our team and our mission as a Laboratory Technologist I or
II!The schedule for this position will be Wednesday - Saturday 3:45
PM - 2:15 AM.Job SummaryQC Technologist II works in a cGMP
environment performing quality control testing for commercial and
diagnostics products. Responsibilities include conducting testing
of reagents and IVD materials as well as personnel swabs.
Responsibilities include working with Manufacturing, Technology
Transfer and other departments for data collections and validations
for new product QC qualifications, organization of quality
controlled materials used for QC testing and learning new
techniques or workflow as required by new product lines.QC
Technologist II is also responsible for gathering and filling out
quality documents pertaining to quality control testing, generation
of Non Conformance Report (NCR) when necessary and Temporary Change
Order (TCO) application. QC Technologist II will be responsible for
software-assisted product release (e.g. Pouch QC Web releases).This
position will work in a laboratory setting and perform a variety of
scientific techniques, including spectrophotometry, PCR, pipetting,
etc.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within
the guidelines of the BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Perform quality control testing on incoming reagents used in
- Maintain supplies as well as coordinating instrument/equipment
repairs as necessary.
- Provide support if needed in other projects or validations from
various departments within the company.
- Responsible for learning new techniques or workflows as
required for new product lines.
- Responsible for personnel swab set up and reporting.
- Perform efficient and accurate QC data entry.
- Maintaining the QC area to ensure that it is clean and
contamination-free including participation in cleaning and swabbing
- Responsible for coordinating repeat testing.
- Works closely with QC Supervisor and colleagues to ensure
consistent and timely turnaround for QC results.
- Maintain records as required by the Quality System.
- Provide training for new employees.
- Responsible for QC data review.
- Generates Non Conformance Reports.
- QC complete and release in Pouch QC Web.
- Performs troubleshooting as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Training and
EducationAssociate Degree or higher in a Life Science or related
field.ExperienceTechnologist I - Minimum 6 months previous
experience in a laboratory setting (either academic or
professional) is required.Technologist II - Minimum of 2 years of
experience in a laboratory setting or related area.Experience in
cGMP environment is strongly preferred.Knowledge, Skills and
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and
- Highly collaborative and team oriented
- Must be mathematically competent
- Ability to effectively follow written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated proper pipetting techniquePhysical Requirements
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying
- Must be able to lift #bdx1990
Keywords: BioFire Diagnostics, LLC, Salt Lake City , Laboratory Technologist I or II - Quality Control (Night Shift), Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!