RN Step Down
Company: St. Mark's Hospital
Location: Salt Lake City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionIntroductionSt. Mark's Hospital is committed to
investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more
efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered
care? Submit your application for RN Step Down position and spend
more time at the bedside with the patient.BenefitsAt St. Mark's
Hospital we want to ensure we support you through all stages of
your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive
benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision
benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsYou contribute to our success let us contribute to yours!
Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or
C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to
deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. Mark's
Hospital!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a highly-skilled and
compassionate Registered Nurse in the Progressive Care Unit you
will provide the best possible preventative, supportive, and
nursing care to each patient receiving care for acute
medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions. You will work to
provide patients with an individualized care plan through
assessment and planning. Our team supports each other like family
and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will provide assessment and planning for individualized
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition
or response to treatment.
- You will provide care for the patient in collaboration with the
patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age
specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to
include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding
patient's clinical condition and results of diagnostic
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of
care for all patients.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and
activities for the department.
- You will works collaboratively with Social Service and Pastoral
care to support and provide families emotional and end of life
resources such as Hospice to facilitate a dignified end.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially
under pressure.What qualifications you will need:
- Current State of Utah Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.BSN is preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Previous critical Care experience strongly preferred.For 150
years, St. Mark's Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of
healthcare services to Salt Lake City and its surrounding
communities. As Utah's first hospital, St. Mark's team members
uphold a rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care at
our 308 plus bed hospital. St Mark's drives the development of some
of the regions finest clinical service areas such as neurosciences,
trauma, orthopaedics, cardiac care and robotic surgery. St. Mark's
was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals -
list. This is the eighth time this hospital has been recognized
with this honor as one of the top performing Teaching Hospitals in
the U.S.St. Mark's has expanded emergency access to the communities
we serve with two free standing emergency centers, Taylorsville
Emergency Center and West Valley Emergency Center. Both locations
have 10 plus patient rooms are staffed 24/7 by experienced
board-certified emergency room physicians, nurses and support teams
from St. Mark's Hospital. In addition to ER care, both facilities
give comprehensive imaging services, including computerized
tomography (CT scan), X-ray, and ultrasound as well as a
fully-equipped medical laboratory.Nestled at the foot of the
Wasatch Mountains, St. Mark's sits in a picturesque and ideal
location. From our hospital doors it's a quick commute to Salt
Lake's urban and cultural benefits, and a short drive to outdoor
adventures and Utah's glorious national parks.HCA Healthcare has
been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent
an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable
care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses.""Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care,
our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients,
communities and healthcare.Together, we uplift and elevate our
purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright,
PhD, RN CENP, FAANSenior Vice President and Chief Nursing
ExecutiveJoin a family that cares about every stage in your career!
We are interviewing candidates for our RN Step Down opening. Apply
today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. Mark's Hospital, Salt Lake City , RN Step Down, Healthcare , Salt Lake City, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!