Company: Spanish Fork City
Location: Spanish Fork
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionEFFECTIVE DATE: May 2022
FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDICDepartment: Fire & EMSSalary: $53,667 -
$80,501Job Classification: Full-TimeJob Closes: May 25, 2022TechNet
#1705 PAY GRADE 9PAY GRADESGENERAL PURPOSE Under the supervision of
the assigned captain performs emergency medical, trauma care, and
advanced level firefighting duties related to protecting life and
property. Conform to all protocols and guidelines established by
the department. Assesses patients and when appropriate, stabilize
patients so that they may be safely transported to a trauma center
or hospital, in accordance with protocols and guidelines
established by physician medical directors.ESSENTIAL
- Responds to select medical and traumatic emergencies along with
responding to select hospital, clinics, and nursing homes to
provide inter-facility transfers.
- Provides emergency medical care at the scene, en route to the
hospital and during transportation from facility-to-facility.
- Provides emergency medical care as appropriate to the practice
of Paramedic. Delivers the patient to the nearest and/or most
appropriate medical facility. Adheres to local, regional, and state
guidelines regarding patient care.
- Performs basic/advanced life support procedures, based upon
- Performs other duties related to emergency and nonemergency
medical care and development of the emergency medical service (EMS)
and/or Spanish Fork Fire and EMS.
- Ensure that the vehicle and equipment are ready to use at the
beginning of the shift and after every call. This includes cleaning
and disinfecting of the interior and exterior of the vehicle and
equipment. Inspecting, restocking, and completing daily checklists
of the vehicle and equipment, and performing routine
- Performs daily inspections of their base and/or station for
cleanliness. The performs the appropriate housekeeping duties to
ensure their living quarters are clean, free from clutter, and
sanitary at all times.
- Maintains all training records for recertification purposes in
accordance with NREMT.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Fire & EMS
- Respond to fire alarms and other emergencies.
- Leads out hose line, selects and operates nozzles, and directs
stream of water or foam onto fires.
- Positions and climbs ladders to gain access to upper levels of
buildings or to assist individuals from burning structures.
- Create openings in buildings for ventilation or entrance using
manual or mechanically operated tools. Breach concrete block or
brick walls, floors, or roofs to gain access to areas involved by
fire, using a variety of hand powered tools.
- Protects property from water and smoke through salvage and
- Rescue victims from hazardous conditions.
- Performs hazardous materials identification.
- participated in training in current firefighting methods and
- Perform mitigation efforts of fire and rescue incidents.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Fire & EMS
- Valid Utah Driver's License
- High School Diploma/GED (Associates Degree in Fire Science,
Emergency Management, or related field preferred).
- NIMS 100, 200, 700a, and 800b certifications.
- Utah or NREMT Paramedic or currently enrolled in a Paramedic
Program (Paramedic Certified is preferred).
- ACLS, BLS, and PALS Certifications.
- Certified Firefighter I & II in the State of Utah.
- Wildland Firefighter I certification within 1 year from hire
date.Skills, Abilities, and Requirements
- High degree of personal integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, using
good judgment and common sense with a thorough understanding of the
principles of emergency medical care.
- Ability to work efficiently and interact in a constructive and
professional manner with other employees, partners, public safety
personnel, medical staff, and other emergency medical service
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with
patients, customers, clients, family members, bystanders, and the
general public in such a manner as to reflect credibly on Spanish
Fork Fire & EMS.
- Demonstrates a level of skill and ability consistent with
provision of high quality patient care.
- Ability to perform effectively as a team leader in patient care
- Ability to perform effectively in carrying out public relations
and community education functions and the ability to deal
effectively with members of the medical community and general
public promoting the best interest of the department.
- Ability to lift and maneuver 50 pounds without assistance and
- Ability to walk up and down stairs without difficulty and the
ability to lift and carry 150 pounds up and down stairs with
assistance and without difficulty.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform in extreme weather conditions, IDLH
atmospheres and is assigned to a position of hazardous duty.
- Must meet physical fitness requirements as established by the
- Applicants will be required to submit to a criminal background
check and drug test.
- Complies with department rules, regulations and policies and
exhibits honesty and integrity in both words and actions.
- Participates in continuing education and/or training to
maintain EMT/Paramedic & Firefighter certification as
- Prepares clear, accurate, and complete reports, logs, and
Keywords: Spanish Fork City, Salt Lake City , Firefighter/Paramedic, Healthcare , Spanish Fork, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!